12. Evil eyes, white pills

Assalamu alaikum, juma'at Mubarak lovelies.

Hope you're having a good day

Happy reading

Beautiful!

No, that was too small a word to describe the woman he was looking-no, staring at. She looked everything elegant in the black mermaid gown she wore, completely different from the different bright colors he'd seen the women wearing, it was mind blowing how it hugged her figure but it was modest and hid her curves, how a person could pull that off was beyond him.

The way she smiled at Layla made his chest clench, if only he could cause that smile, or at least for it be directed at him.

She pulled out a seat for Layla and he could see his cousin throw her head back and laughed.

"Hamma, I've been talking to you" Aneesah nudged him making him groan internally.

"What?" he was clearly annoyed, he closed his eyes for a brief moment, he didn't know why he snapped like that.

"Sorry, what did you say?" he said softer.

"Nothing don't worry"

"Come on, I'm listening now" he regretted it instantly when her eyes glowed.

"Who were you staring at?" she raised her eyebrows.

He looked around there table hoping no one heard her and at the same time praying someone would talk to her.

"No one, I was just thinking about something"

"Or someone?" Aneesah smiled and cackled like a cartoon witch, he hated when she did that because it meant she was up to something mischievous.

"Ammie" he smiled automatically when he heard Layla's voice, what were the chances of her best friend being with her?

Fahad drowned out his family's conversation, earlier he wanted to leave the place and nothing else, but now, not so much.

"Hamma, hamma Shaheed was looking for you earlier" Layla sat where Aneesah was previously, he had no idea when she left the seat.

If not for the MC and music at intervals, he would have forgotten he was at a wedding. He excused himself when his phone vibrated and walked out, mentally reminding himself to see Shaheed afterwards, they were to meet up with Jawad who missed the wedding because he didn't feel like socialising, something was definitely wrong because even after telling him Layla would be there, he still refused.

Khadijah smiled at something Waleedah had said, Layla said she was going to see her aunt.

She looked around the large hall, it sure looked presidential with all the decorations she knew cost a fortune. The bride was seated with her now husband smiling, the happiness showed in her face, the groom said something to her again making her smile wider if that was possible, they looked good together.

If only marriage was as good as the wedding.

The event had just started when she and Layla arrived, said person wasted time dressing up plus the fact that her make up artist was more than thirty minutes late, she had almost yelled the house down saying she wasn't going without make up.

Batul, her half sister had offered to help her with it, she was learning make up but Layla had refused and said she was going to turn her into a walking clown.

She watched as the couple danced with smiles on their faces, she couldn't even find it in her to wish to be in the bride's shoes.

Layla's mother and step mother were no longer seated and neither was Shaheed and Asad, the two had grumbled all the way to the event center because they didn't want to attend, Waleedah and Batul were the only ones seated and they seemed to be engrossed in a conversation about something she didn't care enough to find out, but from how much she knew about them, it was probably about a series they were watching or a book they've read.