Chapter 85: Deceptive Glitters

I know I'm late, woke up a bit under the weather but let's keep pushing guys

Says the loml LH.

It's the end, or the beginning of the end🌚 hehehehe
See what I did up there?

Happy reading 🤣

••••••

May you never be at the mercy of anyone, May others not hold the key to your success & May your happiness not lie in the hands of others.

May you never be amongst those who life would have no dimension, may you continue be guided by Allah.

May Allah continue to protect us and our family.
Ameen

Juma'at Mubarak

••••••

The ringing of a phone had Khadijah waking up with a resigned sigh, she has been awake for a few minutes but didn't want to get out of bed. Whoever the caller was didn't understand that it was too early for that, whatever it is they wanted.

Her eyes bulged when she saw the time, she wasn't the type to sleep in that's why it surprised her.

Before she could finish lamenting to herself about how she has lost it since she was waking up by noon the phone started ringing again.

"Layla," she muttered softly to herself then reached for the device and sure enough she was the one calling.

"Hello?"

"Are you just waking up?" she mumbled an incoherent reply and got up from the bed, noting Fahad was not beside her.

Why didn't he wake me?

"Oh my God! What have you done with my friend?"

"Layla." She drawled which only made said person laugh.

"You phone was off last night and I wanted to be the first to call you," she hummed but didn't say a word as she searched for the cap she slept with on the bed.

"Happy anniversary." Khadijah smiled before thanking her. "Where is hamma?"

"I don't know, probably downstairs working or something." She stifled a yawn then opened the door and walked out.

"Tell him I called and have fun, I love you."

"I love you too," Layla was saying bye but she stopped her.

"You're coming back for good next week right?" the last time they saw each other was almost four months ago and best she knew, she was finishing the program in a week.

Layla hesitated before replying. "I don't know Dee, probably but I'm not really sure. Maybe I'll just sign up for another year."

She shut her eyes before humming.

"I hope you choose what's best and what you're most comfortable with, I'll be happy for you either way."

"I know you will, thank you baby or am I not allowed to call you baby anymore?" she rolled her eyes trying so hard not to laugh.

"Yeah? Hamma's Canim or is it Askim? Oh I know it is Oaisara" she could imagine Layla wiggling her eyes brows and knowing she just wanted to pull her leg she chuckled.