PREFACE

Assalamu alaikum, it's me again *waves frantically
First off I'm so sorry for not updating the next part like I said I would yesterday, I honestly have no excuse except this heart felt apology.
I don't want us to get off on the wrong foot so here is the introduction, a little glimpse of Khadijah's home life.
Hope it's to your liking.

Khadijah knew her marriage was doomed for failure even before the ties were knotted, she saw all the red lines but everyone ignored her plea thinking she was just being petty.

Coming from a traditional household and having an uneducated mother who thought marriage was the highest level of success a woman could reach had rushed everything when her now husband Suleiman showed interest in her, he was handsome and came from a wealthy family, she'd tell her she was lucky a man of his calibre was interested in her.

Her two older sisters Baraka and Sadiya had gotten married immediately after secondary school, Baraka didn't see any fault in it as it was, she thinks like her mother but Sadiya had put up quite an argument but in the end agreed after her husband Abdulrahman agreed to let her further her studies, she found Khadijah lucky seeing she's already in her third year in university and their father was happy with that, her mother though was a different story, she'd keeping nagging her and introducing her friends sons to uninterested Khadijah.

After a while and with much persuasion from Hajiya Ladidi, malam Sadeeq agreed to let Suleiman court her for them to be married immediately she graduated and like promised the wedding happened just two weeks after her final papers.

She'd found Suleiman's ideologies bizarre and totally sexist and sometimes disturbing since from the beginning but he promised to change saying he was used to it, it was never love from her side though she only agreed for her parents sake, so her mother can stop looking at her like a disappointment and starting fights with her father for 'spoiling her' alas she became his wife and all promises of change went out the window, like it never happened.

Suleiman's mother never liked her seeing they are not from the same social status and it was an embarrassment for her friends to see the 'poverty stricken woman' her only son brought as a wife, his sisters were spoilt disrespectful brats and didn't hesitate to show her her place, in short living with them had been hell, not like Suleiman himself was any better he claimed to love her but his actions prove otherwise, at first she'd given him the benefit of the doubt thinking he just doesn't know how to express himself but she'd soon changed her mind on that when he refused to change or at least adjust and seeing his mother was, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? But she would survive, at least she thought.

The only thing that kept her strong was her faith and the multiple voices of elders telling her to be PATIENT, always patient like that would solve anything but she was patient nevertheless.

Who would even believe when she complained, he is very respectful and nice when they were with her parents always sending them gifts, he sure was a good actor and she'd seen a lot of his plays, he'd bought her mother completely that once when she'd reported him to Hajiya Ladidi the woman had cried saying she gave birth to a heartless and ungrateful child, Khadijah never said anything to her parents ever again she bottled everything up until she got fed up, when he finally crossed the line.

So what do you think?
Do y'all want the first chapter? I'm probably wasting your time but if you want the first chapter pls vote and comment, I want to know what you think.

I leave in peace🙎

Amyrah