Chapter 58: Let's Do It

May ALLAH (SWT) justify your efforts, purify your faith, beautify your character, satisfy your needs and make things easy for you and your family. Ameen
Juma'at Mubarak.

•••••

“Any signs of forced entry?” he shook his head no at Zayn who’d arrived mere thirty minutes after he called him. “And you were in the house throughout?”

“Yes,” he stopped for a minute before shaking his head again, “I stepped out to go to the mosque, but it wouldn’t have been enough for them to enter and leave,”

“Why do you say that?” Zayn asked taking the seat opposite him, he looked up at the police officers walking in and out the house with kits and test tools. An ambulance arrived just before Zayn and took the man who was hanging to life by a thread, he’d called alhaji Tafida and told him Naseer was in the hospital, it had taken a while to identify him, he was almost lifeless.

“They had to be careful, there are security cameras everywhere outside and it was clean, and the security, they couldn’t have broken in within that short time without the security going off,” he massaged his temples.

“They must’ve bypassed the security then, but they still need about thirty minutes to do that and they had to do it carefully, one misstep and it would’ve gone off all the same,” Zayn called one of the men who was holding a laptop, “They need to have had the latest system software to be able to do that, and didn’t JD have it encoded?”

“He did,”

“Cyril, run the database from this morning. have you gone through the security cameras?”

The man who looked to be in his late twenties adjusted his spectacles before shaking his head, “Like he said it is encoded sir and I can’t access the backdoor, he has to call the security company and have them decode it before I can get in.”

“Are you sure you can get the unedited image if they do?” Fahad asked already dialing Jawad.

“Did you just go to the mosque and come back? Are you sure you didn’t stop by somewhere?” Fahad started to shake his head but stopped, realization dawning on him.

“Tell them to pack up,” he said to Zayn who looked confused.

“What?”

“Now!” he snapped pocketing his phone.

“Pack out right now! Everybody….” the sound of a gunshot stopped him, “Take cover!” Someone yelled.

“What the hell?!” Zayn managed when they were in the bulletproof car.

“Get your team out of here man, I’m calling Xavier.” He nodded no argument, he didn’t get to dialing his father’s head of security when his phone rang.

“I really like you, you know but you forced my hands,” the voce came calmly.

“What game do you think you’re playing?”

“Don’t bother with backup, they’ve left, it was just a warning,” his voice was light, “Don’t stand me up again,” the playful glint was gone and he sounded serious now, “I really hope the kid makes it” the line went dead after that.