TWO

Doctor Abdulhameed furrowed his brows then turned to Khadijah with a frown "We've talked about this, I asked you to stop lifting heavy things didn't I?"

Khadijah looked down shamefully, she couldn't tell him it had nothing to do with chores but her husband did that to her, it was simply absurd, she sighed but didn't raise her head.

Sadiya who had been quiet the whole time turned to the doctor, her husband's cousin, he has been her doctor since she got married and now Khadijah's too, seeing she needed medical attention eighty percent of the time.

"What's wrong Hameed?" She asked calling him by his nickname, she was never formal with him because he was always with her husband, he was more like a best friend than cousin to him.

He couldn't keep it from her anymore,he's been quiet but about it for long because of confidentiality but Khadijah was causing harm to herself.

"Ya Sadiya, she has blocked Fallopian tubes and with broken ribs now it isn't really in a good shape, she needs rest"

"Elaborate" she gestured with her hands for him to go on.

"From her first miscarriage, hernia removal and multiple injuries in and around the abdomen that she's not telling me how they happened-" he looked pointedly at the subject of discussion who's eyes were looking at anywhere but her sister's "her chances of conceiving are getting slimmer"he finished with a heavy heart.

He was not stupid or clueless, it was not always the i fell by mistake or I ran into this because I'm so clumsy Excuses that she kept giving, he sees the bruises and scars, he always just prescribed her drugs and treat her wanting to respect her privacy, but she's Sadiya's sister and to him that's family, he had to tell her the truth, whatever was going on with her, or she's allowing to happen was hurting her, she needed change.

"What do you mean by that? Wait Abdulhameed start from the beginning" Sadiya glared at her younger sister, that idiot she called husband will hear it from her, if he thought her sister was just some punching bag for him to release all his frustrations on, he would tell her that to her face and so help her God this time no one can save him from her.

Dr Abdulhameed explained how the abdominal surgery for hernia removal blocked the tubes which was where the eggs were most fertile and with the fact that she's had abdominal surgery before, she's at a high risk of becoming infertile.

Sadiya still couldn't believe her sister had kept quiet after knowing what risk she was in.

Immediately after they had returned from the hospital she started packing Khadijah's clothes into three large suitcases, she forced her sister to go to bed after taking her pills, she looked weak and fragile, everything she was not.

She had wondered what would've happened to her sister had she not visited and saw her lying lifeless on her prayer mat, more so she was grateful that the door was unlocked, she had wanted to reprimand Her about security but that went out the window when she saw her condition.

She ignored the incessant knocking on the door, apparently whoever was at the door didn't get the memo that she was not going to open it. If there was one thing she liked about the estate Khadijah lived in was the privacy, everyone minded his own business which was why no one paid attention to the annoying knocking.

"Ya Sadiya?" Khadijah called softly from the bed, the loud banging woke her up.

"Yes, are you okay? Do you need anything?" she walked closer to the bed and searched Khadijah's face for any type of discomfort, satisfied with how much better she looked now that she's rested, she handed her a cup of water which she accepted gratefully.

She gulped and almost spit it out when the knocking started again, looking to Sadiya for answers who just shrugged, she felt her blood going cold, I'm dead  was the only thing running through her mind, Suleiman would kill her, not literally but she would regret it, she jumped out of the bed and her ribs protested from the movement but she pain zero attention to the pain.

Sadiya looked scared and confused as to why she jumped like that, before she could get over her shock Khadijah was already out the bedroom door, she wasted no time and followed her.

She jumped out of fright when she heard a sound that traveled from the room through the whole house, that was enough to make her move faster, her sick sister was on the floor crying with Suleiman standing over her with a grimace.

With long fast strides she stood in front of Suleiman and before it registered in her brain felt the sting in her hands, she just slapped him!

"Are you out of your stupid mind? Why would you hit her like that? Can't you see she's sick?" she was a shouting mess and Khadijah just sobbed harder, she didn't have the strength to stand back up.

Suleiman who just left his dazed state looked at the woman that had the audacity to raise her hands to him, even his mother didn't dare hit him.

Sadiya saw the rage in his eyes and she eyed him calculating his next move "Don't even think about it because Wallahi I'll break your hand if you touch me" she pointed a finger at him.

He glared at her wordlessly at her, he had never liked her, she had too much confidence and couldn't keep her mouth shut or mind her business, Khadijah was once like that, not as bad but same still, but he tamed her, if not for the fact that he knew her husband, a reputable lawyer, he would've shown her just what he was capable of.

"Who do you think you are coming into my house and even have the nerve to slap me?" the only other option he had was to confront her as much as he hated talking to her.

Sadiya ignored his blabbering and walked to her bag that was on the center table and pick her phone to call her husband. Suleiman had already walked to his bedroom to change, she didn't pay attention to him but helped Khadijah up with her phone tightly in her grasp.

He picked on the third ring and she couldn't help the angry tears that rolled down her face, she didn't care if her mother would kill her but she was not leaving the house without her sister.

Assalamu alaikum beautiful people, Eid Mubarak, taqabbalallahu minna wamimkum.

How is your eid going?

Alhamdullillah chapter Two is up, you know the drill vote comment and share.

what do you think?????

Again thank you for all the reads it means soooooooooooooo much and I just want to hug all of you.

Pls point out any grammatical errors.

Pls comment comment comment and vote.

Barka da sallah once again and ayi sallah lafiya.

Aci nama lafiya

Amyrah.