Chapter 81: Facing The Past

Spoiling the night walkers or early morning people.
Hope this made you smile.

I have a very important question.

WILL YOU READ ANOTHER BOOK OF MINE?

YES OR NO?

•••••

Kindness is a mark of faith. The most excellent action is to gladden the heart of a human being. May Allah Bless us with a kind heart.

Jumm'at Mubarak

••••••

“This is bribe,” Khadijah stated as her argument for not wanting to meet with Farhan.

“Bribe?” Fahad asked staring at her amusedly.

“Yes bribe, I mean…” she paused and he knows she doesn’t know what to say but he let her think for a few minutes and she came up empty. She let out a small huff before tipping the glass and finishing the last of the milk, she barely ate any of the cookies. She seriously stays away from sugary things unless it is jelly beans.

“Okay, so he is invited for dinner?” he didn’t give her space to reply. “Because I kind of already invited him.”

“Fahad!” he smiled sweetly and packed up the papers then shoved them back in the envelope, the first envelope that held good news in a while.

“Well, this is your cue to ask me to cook dinner.”

“I don’t want you to.”

“Then I’ll keep you company while you do it, or you don’t want me to?” she kept her eyes on him for a few beats before nodding in agreement. She had to admit his company is quite nice and though she hated people in the kitchen with her, he always kept her busy asking her questions about her childhood, happy things.

“Don’t be too hard on him, he is a big softy.” She laughed. “He would not appreciate you saying that about him.”

Fahad shrugged then got up and walked to the shelf by the left side of the room and kept a pile of papers she hadn’t noticed before.

“He wouldn’t but there is nothing he can do about it. He is groveling for our forgiveness.” That was the end of the conversation.

Khadijah watched him work while she talked on the phone with Layla after which she called Afnan whose wedding has been set to two months from then along with Kamla, they discussed her outfits and how she wanted them, at some point she called Victoria her former assistant now manager and asked how the inventory was going.

Fahad who was done with what he was doing sat back and watched her in her element, she didn’t look as laser focused as she did when she was sketching but there was a sureness in what she did and how she spoke.

She reminded him of the Khadijah he first met, Layla’s Dee then, she had captivated him and though he wasn’t not looking for a relationship, he didn’t even know why she interested him but she did and he just went along with it.

She kept him on his toes, he was sure she didn’t know but the first few months after he started knowing her and they talked, his brain worked faster trying to decipher her tone, her mood and everything about her. He wanted to know why she was that way, call it curiosity but he didn’t stop himself he wasn’t sure he could have stopped himself even if he wanted to.