10. Unmotherly Mothers

Happy reading 😘❤

You never know how fast time goes until you're doing something. It was one week to the presidential wedding and Khadijah had over worked herself, the rest of dresses were ready and the only one left was the dinner gown. She'd made sure every little detail was seen to perfection.

Nasmir was supposed to meet her earlier that day for the final fittings, she didn't want any mistakes.

"Ma, the dressing room is ready" Khadijah nodded, with the bride's clothes and the many wedding guests that wanted their own clothes to be made by her, she was very busy.

Layla had told her the pros and cons of taking the orders, the pros being, it would be good for her, most of the guests are high class people and like she'd said before, they worked with names and brands so that was enough, and the cons, people might not take her seriously and would say she was unreliable and that would make her sales go down, thus, bad publicity.

With just the wedding, her sales had gone up about 75% and she couldn't let that go.

"Clear the reception, I need this place spotless in ten minutes" She barked, the reception was in chaos, wrapped bags ready for delivery scattered all around, like machines they started moving the bags to the delivery car that was waiting outside, with the help of the driver about fifty bags were loaded in the ten minutes time frame she gave.

Like she knew, Nasmir arrived five minutes later, that time with a burly man she later learned was security, as usual the three women were with her but with an additional woman, Hafsa her elder sister.

Azeerah attempted a wolf whistle when Nasmir wore the first dress, it was for the kamu event, a simple traditional blue Fulani attire. She twirled smiling widely, it came out better than she thought, the fitting was perfect, like it was sewn on her body.

She tried on the other ones, she loved the one for the cocktail especially, it was a hundred times better than the mental image she had, she couldn't wait to try on the dinner dress.

"This style is so much better" Maryam said as she sipped her cappuccino, it was a complimentary treat Khadijah had made mandatory.

"I can't wait to try on the last one" the bride to be squealed and went back to the small enclosed room.

She called her younger sister to help her into the dress, she was already in love with it even before she had it on.

"My Allah!" Khadijah let out a relived sigh when Nasmir squealed, she felt lighter, the invisible weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

"Is there any thing you want to adjust?" She asked when they just kept gaping speechless.

"It's perfect" Nasmir managed to utter.

"Alright, good, Victoria please get the veil" the secretary walked in with the folded veil in her hand, she was glad it was done, the engraving took a little more time than she'd thought.

"Will you try it on too or should we just package it?" The ladies chattering turned to her and nodded.

"Let's just see, I don't want it to get stained" she sounded worried.

"Okay you are designing my dress" Azeerah announced her hand trailing the words at the end of the veil.

Khadijah had 'Nasmid forever' stitched to the end of the veil, she had it made bold so that it would show in the pictures, since she wanted a long train, Khadijah made the veil almost double the train so it would be highlighted in pictures well, she gave her all to that dress and she knew it too, it was satisfying to see the end result even better than she'd imagined.