54

Third Person's POV

It was 1 month after the incident in the Shaw's mansion. Thankfully, walang nasaktan na mga bisita but Adam's hand was slightly burnt after he tried to enter. It was then decided na titira muna si Amelie sa ibang bahay na pagmamay ari parin ni Charles.

Marie is now brushing Amelie's hair as Amelie hummed a familiar lullaby, her mother's lullaby, as she embroidered. Embroidery was her new hobby and she liked it because it made her calm down. Dahil dun sa sunog na nangyari, everyone knew that the Shaw family is not as ideal as they think and that thought made Amelie glad. .

"Marie what happened to your baby? You don't seem to be pregnant anymore" Amelie asked. It took some time before Marie replied.

"May nangyari eh, nawala ko ulit" Marie said, trying her best not to cry. Amelie stayed quiet. It was Marie's fifth miscarriage. Kahit noon pa nagtataka na si Amelie bakit parating nangyayari yun kay Marie, for her Marie seemed healthy but she never asked why because she knows it would only hurt Marie's feelings.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Miss Amelie a letter for you ma'am" sabi ng isa sa mga maid. Kinuha ni Marie ang letter at binigay kay Amelie. It was sealed by high minister. Bahagya siyang kinabahan kasi alam niyang importante ito, she thought it was going to be about her outburst but thankfully it wasn't.

It was a letter of invitation from the high minister, telling Amelie that she's been invited to attend the meeting regarding the marriage of both Clans, it also stated that the meeting will be held in the central palace, which is the palace of the great Aldrich Shaw. It is placed almost perfectly between both clans and is now viewed as a historical figure.

"I'm not going" Amelie simply said. "I'll be with Cassandra tonight" sabi niya sabay tayo. Marie stayed quiet.

Paglabas ni Amelie sa kwarto niya ay sakto namang pumasok ang isa pa sa maid na may dalang box dahilan na muntik silang magbanggan.

"I'm sorry miss!" magsasalita sana si Amelie pero natuon ang pansin niya sa nahulog nitong box, it was a ring case. Kinuha ito ni Amelie and she was shocked when she saw Vanessa's emerald ring. "M-may kasama po yang letter ma'am"

"Who gave this?"

"Minister Luther po"

It felt like Amelie's heart collapsed. Agad niyang hinablot ang letter.

"Get out. All of you" sabi niya habang binubuksan niya ang letter, agad namang lumabas ang lahat, pati si Marie.

"You were told to not cause any trouble Amelie"

Yun yung nakasulat sa letter, and the ink was blood red. Nawalan si Amelie ng lakas. She was confused, she didn't know what to feel. She knew she hated her mother, but somehow she feels sad. She was too puzzled that she didn't even realized that she's already crying.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Amelie? Okay ka lang?"

Agad pinahiran ni Amelie ang luha niya.

"Yes—*sniff* Get the car ready, pupunta ako sa meeting"

This was the 4th time his grand father killed to descipline Amelie. First it was her dog, second was her childhood friend, third was her childhood maid, and then her mother. Amelie was sure na alam na ni Luther ang tungkol sa relasyon nila ni Marie and she was scared na si Marie ang susunod.

She needed to escape right away. Being Olivia gave her a false hope, but that false hope also gave her the courage to try the escape plan again. Marrying Titus is already a fail, but this new marriage plan might give her her freedom.