Jealous Gojo Satoru (つ✧ω✧)つ

“you’re staring,” geto notes as he sits down across his white-haired friend, “again.”

gojo satoru’s eyes stay glued to your table. “he’s not even that attractive,” he retorts. his stomach churns as you laugh at another one of your fellow third year’s jokes. yamamoto, was it? tchhis uniform isn’t even customised. lame.

“sounds like someone’s jealous.” geto smirks and takes a bite out of his lunch, noticing how gojo’s is untouched. he must be really botheredhow unlike him. “just ask ‘em out. what, are you scared or something?”

at that, gojo finally tears his eyes away from the spectacle. “me? scared?” he exclaims, clutching his chest. no, gojo satoru doesn’t get scared. behind his sunglasses, his frost blue eyes flit over to where you are again. “i’m never scared.”

“then what’s holding you back?”

you look over at gojo’s table and wave at him. the smile on your face causes a warm feeling to bloom in his stomach and spread all over his body–– a feeling he’d never felt before you happened to him.

“we’re just friends,” gojo snaps, though not necessarily at geto. he’s annoyed with himself for letting things get so out of hand. you should’ve never started out as friends. but then again, he’d never intended for you to become more than a friend to him. and gojo knows you see him in the same way. there’s no way all those little touches here and lingering gazes there are what friends do when they feel platonic feelings towards each other. and he can sense your heartbeat increase whenever you see him. but what weighs on his mind is the overwhelming risk that one of you dies. (likely you, considering how he’s gojo satoru.)

and then the other is never the same again. (likely him.)

with that in mind, gojo sighs and continues, “plus, this line of work doesn’t really leave space for romance and sweet lovin’, suguru. it’d suck if we were to fall in love and then… one of us died.”

“i guess,” geto replies, shrugging. “but i gotta say, satoru, if you just sit here and then let yamamoto steal your––” he’s cut off by the sound of a loud (obnoxiously loud) laugh tearing through the air. seconds later, he hears gojo’s chair scrape against the courtyard bricks. “the hell?” geto watches in confusion as his friend saunters towards your table. oh. that laugh from just a few seconds ago… it’d been yours.

geto looks back at gojo’s seat. a crumpled up carton of juice rolls around in the white-haired boy’s seat. gojo had watched the entire thing unfold with his fists clenched. guess he couldn’t take it anymore.

“what’s up, guys?” gojo greets your table smoothly and slides into the seat beside yours. to yamamoto, though, he simply throws a dirty glance. gojo gestures for the table to resume the conversation he interrupted before turning his body towards you. “hey,” he says quietly.

“hey back,” you reply, grinning. looks like your plan had worked after all.

“what’re you doing later?”

“nothing. you?”

“i’m gonna confess to you at three in the courtyard, and then take you bowling when you say you want to date me,” gojo says, so casually that you almost miss everything he said. “does that sound good?”

“uhm, uh–– yeah,” you stutter, feeling your cheeks burn red. “wait, you just–– does that mean you like me?”

gojo smirks and stands up, brushing the imaginary dust off his pants. “you’ll have to find out at three in the courtyard, won’t you?”

A/N: i think gojo isn’t jealous in that he’s insecure, but if he were put in a position where he wants to make things official but can’t (or would lose a lot if things were to go wrong), then he’d probably sulk for a while until pushed to make a move. either way, he won’t stay jealous long. he’ll let you know exactly how he feels. he’s a go-getter, after all.