Security | Okkotsu Yuuta

Summary: Three times Yuuta tried to keep his feelings under wraps and the one time he slipped.

Word count: 4.2k

Producer's pick: Through and Through - khai dreams

"I-it's not what it looks like!"

Maki grinned knowingly at Yuuta, head lowered in embarrassment-a futile attempt in masking the growing blush on his face. Meanwhile, Inumaki and Panda were busy snickering at their friend's current predicament.

The scene was comical to say the least. "So... (y/n), huh?"

Yuuta wanted nothing more than to deny, but he let out a sigh he didn't know he was holding.

"Yeah, what about it?" He feigns courage which didn't help mask his nervousness.

"About time." Panda chimed with a knowing look, hearing a brief 'Shake' from Inumaki who also agreed. Despite his high collar, Yuuta can still see the look he is giving him, judging from the way his eyebrows are raised.

"Am I that obvious?"

"Yeah." She hummed at him, placing her weapon beside her. "Too painfully obvious that I almost feel bad."

Panda raises his paw to his chin, "You're not subtle about it, Okkotsu."

"Tuna mayo!"

After hearing that, Yuuta wants nothing more than to sink into the ground and never to be found again. But he can't help it that his eyes gravitate towards your form during training that results in him getting his ass beaten by Maki, shouting at him to stop spacing out nor is it his fault that his mind goes haywire when he smells the faint scent of your perfume, as you pass by his direction.

He wants to stop. He really does, but he can't-not when his heart aches for you.

As his mind started to wander somewhere far, Yuuta was startled by a sword landing beside him which made him and the others look in your direction. Only to see you sitting on a grunting Megumi's back.

"How annoying. You've gotten better in your aim. You almost grazed my cheek back there." You commented while lightly fanning yourself with your tessen, the material shining under the sun. "But you still leave your left unguarded, Fushiguro."

Fushiguro grunted in response, you closed your tessen and pocketed it before giving him a hand in standing up.

"See what we mean?" Panda mused, as Maki shook her head at Yuuta who was busy stammering another excuse.

As the two were busy playfully jabbing at Yuuta, Inumaki stood up from his seat and went to the direction of (y/n) and Fushiguro who were busy talking. Inumaki waved at both of you, earning a nod from Fushiguro and a greeting from you.

"What brings you here, Inumaki?" You asked while you fiddle with your tessen.

Inumaki points in the other second year's direction, following his finger-you witness Panda and Maki throwing back their heads in laughter while Yuuta was blushing profusely with no signs of stopping anytime.

Curious, you walked towards their direction which left Fushiguro who only slapped a palm on his forehead as Inumaki wiggled his fingers teasingly at him; obviously up to annoying the younger boy.