04 | rory

I walk through the crowded outside supermarket streets and as soon as my eyes meet someone else, I know they like me

Okay, that's a bit dramatic but whatever.

I mean, my outfit is amazing today. Well, it's amazing every day. You know what, if I wasn't such a great assassin, I would be a stylist.

I look over my shoulder as I make a right turn and sure enough, the same girl in a black zip-up jacket is still behind me.

I'm trying to talk to myself about how amazing I am and she's just there.

Suddenly, I feel a hand cover my mouth. Their cold rings press against my lips as they pull me into a small alleyway.

Just as I'm about to elbow the person, I recognise the familiar cologne. Kylian. "It's just me," he whispers into my ear, retracting his hand.

"It's just you," I scoff, pushing him away from me. "Hey, maybe a thank you would be nice," he rolls his eyes.

A thank you? Why would I thank him? Oh, hi there, thank you for pulling me into an alleyway and making me think some fucker wanted to kidnap me, I appreciate it.

"That girl is working for The Russians, Ivory," he says it as if it's so obvious. "Did you forget that they're out to get you?"

"Well, how the fuck am I meant to know she works for the Russians?" I grumble. "I don't know, maybe because of common sense?" he scoffs.

"Right, we're going," he sighs, throwing his arm over my shoulder as we walk. "Going where? I'm not finished shopping," I huff.

"For what? I bet your closet is so full, you need another," he chuckles. I need clothes. I already have clothes. But I can still get more.

"I'm cleaning my closet out, giving the clothes that don't fit me anymore to charities," I tell him with a shrug. "Not that it's any of your business."

"You're giving your clothes to charity?" He repeats with a smile. He doesn't believe me. It's getting harder not to kill him. Fucking idiot.

"That's what I said, estúpido. It's called human decency," I roll my eyes. Why would I throw them out when I can give them to people who need it?

"Roll your eyes one more time-" he cuts himself out, shaking his head. "And what?" I smirk, "You'll kill me?"

Within seconds, I'm pinned against the alleyway wall. "Maybe I will," he smirks back. "Not before I kill you," I retort.

"Has anyone told you your ego is way too inflated?" he asks, tilting his head. My ego is perfectly rated. Him saying that is proving his ego is bigger. Just the truth.