21 | rooftop

Sometimes I wonder if my parents would be proud if they saw me right now

Well, I am the assassin my dad wanted me to be. And my mum just wanted me to be safe and happy.

I don't think they would like the fact that I'm working with a mafia leader to take down another mafia. I don't even think they ever liked the De Luca's.

They always kept their business with mafias a secret from me. No matter what I did they never told me which was incredibly annoying.

I hear the door open. Speak of the devil. I can smell his perfume from here. I mean it's good but whatever.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, not bothered to turn around.

"Ouch," he hisses. "Is my presence not good enough for you?"

"No. Not really, Kylian," I reply bluntly.

"Keep lying to yourself," he shrugs and sits down on the edge of the roof beside me. "Isiah told me you'd be here."

I'm going to kill Isiah. I specifically told him not to tell anyone.

"Well, I'm planning on getting drunk and high. Care to join?" I ask, holding up the bottle of alcohol.

I'd hope he'd say no but what he says next made me want to jump off. "Since I have nothing to do, why not?" he utters, before leaning closer to me and taking the cigarette from my lips.

I squint my eyes as I quickly scan his face. His eyes look nice under the moonlight. I quickly look away, clearing my throat. "Even if you had something to do, you would still have joined," I state.

He tilts his head at my words, letting out a slight chuckle, "Oh, really?"

"Don't lie to yourself, you know it," I scoff, taking a sip from the whiskey bottle. I may or may not have stolen that from Kylian.

"Shut up," he mumbles, smoke escaping his lips. "Also is that from mine? Ivory, I kept that bottle for a special occasion."

"You're not denying it," I shrug. He knows it's true. That's why his annoying ass said shut up. "And no, it's not yours." It is. "Idiot."

"I have the urge to push you and watch in amusement as you fall to your death," he mumbles.

I scoff at his words, "You would be dead by the time you raise your hand."

"And you're so sure?" he furrows his eyebrows mockingly.

"Considering I had many chances to kill you but chose not to, yes." I take another sip. Since he's here, I'm going to get extra drunk and hope I push him off. Or that I fall off.

His lips tilt up at my statement, "Why didn't you?" I didn't because... shut up.

"I don't know," I shrug, avoiding his stare. Since he finds it amusing that I haven't killed him yet, I will just piss him off.