30 | truth or a lie

It's been almost two weeks since Kylian rescued me

It's been almost two weeks since Kylian rescued me. Since I was forced to stay in bed for a week by my doctor, Riley and Bella have been watching movies with me and bringing me snacks. We also may or may not have binge-watched Criminal Minds and already made it to season three...

I haven't seen Kylian since that day I asked him to stay with me. I can't even lie to myself, when I went to sleep with him, I had the best sleep ever and all the flashbacks just stopped. I don't even know how.

But the past few sleeps I've been having, aren't like that. More and more flashbacks of what happened to me just keep flooding my mind.

I mean of course I've been through a lot of stuff, I've been kidnapped before but it was nothing like that. All the methods they used to torture me won't leave my head.

Nope. I'm not doing this. I can't think about that. Positive thoughts only.

When that's not on my mind, only one other thing is. What Giovanni said about Kylian killing my parents and knowing about it when he asked for the alliance.

I don't believe him... but, it just won't leave my mind. I need to ask him about it. If I'm being honest, I just need reassurance but I don't want him to feel like I don't trust him.

Even though I don't admit it, I really do trust him.

I just haven't seen him in two weeks, I haven't gotten the chance to talk to him about anything. About what happened to me and that I met his dad. His literal dad.

I'm not stupid, I know he needs to know about that. Of course, he does. He definitely knows his dad is alive, I mean he saw him on the plane and there's no way he didn't recognise his own father's voice. But he doesn't know that his dad is working with the Russians.

Is that betrayal of the year? Maybe even the century. The old Italian mafia leader now working with the Russians to take down his own son, the new leader of the Italian Mafia. Crazy.

Whatever, the point is that I really need to talk to this man but it honestly just seems like he's avoiding me. When he comes home, he goes straight to his office. Like seriously? The only way we'd be able to talk is if I sneak in there and I do have a secret way of getting in...

Kylian hates it when people eat in his office but I grab a bag of sour Skittles away and make my way to his office. I need snacks while I'm waiting of course. I don't know when this guy will be back.

***

I throw a skittle in the air and try to catch it in my mouth. This is like the twentieth time I've failed at that ugh. I'm way too bored, I've been waiting here for two hours.