32 | vienna, austria

It's the day of the flight to Vienna, it's been four weeks since that night with Ivory

It's the day of the flight to Vienna, it's been four weeks since that night with Ivory. Four weeks and it's been on my mind every single day after that.

I've barely even been able to see her. Partly because I actually need to work but also because I'm kind of avoiding her.

Not because it wasn't good. No, it was perfect. She's perfect.

One hand stays on her lower back while the other rests on her jawline, caressing her cheek. I pull away from the kiss, admiring her face. Gosh, she's beautiful. She has the prettiest green eyes I've ever seen. She could ask me to do anything if she just looks up at me through her long lashes with those eyes, I'd say yes immediately.

"What?" she mumbles, out of breath. "Nothing," I lie before pulling her lips back onto mine.

Her left hand hovers over my back, her fingers slowly running up and down my spine.

I hate when people touch me but there's something about her touch and I'm craving it.

It's messed up, I know but I don't even know if what happened that night was okay for me to even do. I just can't get those images of her scars out of my mind and how it was all my fault. I just want to keep her safe but would being with her like that help? It would just distract my mind.

Especially with this new mission coming up, I can't have her hurt again on my watch and if all I'm thinking about is the feeling of her lips on mine then I'm not going to be focused.

I can't ignore her now, we are on a plane flight to Vienna, Austria for the Russian masquerade ball mission. Thank God it's only an hour and a half plane ride.

"Let's go over the mission," I say, grabbing everyone's attention. I notice how Ivory rolls her eyes, mumbling something under her breath.

And I'm sassy?

"Hashtag excited," Kylo grins and Isiah bursts out laughing. Gosh, with them two together we'll never get anything done. "Nah, you're actually weird," Isiah teases.

"Let's focus," I remind them. "This mission is huge okay? Madeleine and her right hand will be there. The perfect chance to kill them and the only one so we can't mess up."

I didn't mention anything about my father. He doesn't deserve that title. I mean Giovanni. That fucking traitor. Only Ivory knows he's working with them and I plan to keep it that way. The rest don't need to know.

Besides, I'm gonna kill his fat ass before he even gets to see all of them.

"So basically if we fuck up this mission we're fucked too?" Riley mumbles. I nod my head. Exactly what she said. "How great," Bella sighs.