27 | life isn't fair

He raises my head, placing a dirty rag over my face

He raises my head, placing a dirty rag over my face. Fuck. I know what's going to happen next. "You did this to yourself," the man, who's been doing this to me for the past day- says. Not even a second later, ice-cold water is being poured onto me.

I try to hold my breath but they've been doing this for hours and I never can. My lips always open for a gasp of air but I get cold water in return, slowly making me feel like I'm drowning.

They always stop right before I pass out. "Still don't feel like speaking?" he asks. I don't reply but instead spit out the remains water and immediately start coughing. I don't know how long I could do this for.

"Again and again," he mutters under his breath before lifting my chin to face him. "Say the word and I'll stop, sweetheart."

"I'm not speaking," I force out through my gritted teeth. Kylian will find me. I know he will and there's no way I'm going to betray him.

"Your choice," he sighs but before he can do anything the door buzzes open. At this point, I know that means the real person in charge wants to speak to him and he leaves.

It has to be Madeleine Morozov, the Russian mafia leader. I've heard the guy speak Russian a couple of times. I don't really understand it but can make out a few words. Who else would be behind this anyway?

I take my chance to scan the room like I have done many times. I don't know why I'm convincing myself there's a way out.

This room is dark and dingy, the only thing lighting the place up is the small, yellow light bulb. There are also no windows at all, the only way of entrance and exit being that one door that has an electric lock; controlled by someone from the outside.

The walls are metal but almost all of them have been rusted. And the floors are... well are they even floors? There are metal bars used as flooring. I guess since they are using water as their main method of torture, it needs a place to go which is under those bars.

Fuck. I need to think of something. I can't just wait for them to find me. It's my second day here, I think. I've lost track. There's no way of telling since no natural light can get through these walls.

I need to think straight. Every two hours approximately, I hear a train go by. Not a normal train though, a subway train which means I'm most likely underground; and because of that, the chance of them finding me is slim to none.

That's not what I want to hear right now but it's the truth. I need to think of something. Waiting here, relying on Kylian makes me feel like I'm asking for a death wish. They could kill me at any moment.

But how am I supposed to escape? Genuinely.

I can't even look down at myself. I'm disgusted. I've never been this weak in my life.

Maybe I might just die in here, I think to myself before realising everything I've been through. Oh nah, fuck that. I didn't go through all that shit just to die at twenty-two. I'm too young and pretty.