06 | under attack

"Have you finished training, mija?" my mum asks as I walk into the living room where she and my father are sitting

"Sì, mami," I chuckle, plopping onto the couch beside them. A normal assassin family, huh?

"Did you do well?" my father asks sternly. "She's been training all day, leave her alone," my mum whispers to him as if I can't hear.

"Alright, fine. Mija, your food is in the microwave. Come and join us," he says and a smile forms on my face after hearing his word.

I'm only sixteen and I train for hours. Sometimes I think he forgets that. He always sets high expectations for me. He wants straight A's but wants me to train 24/7? It doesn't make sense.

But with all of that, he loves me. He wants the best for me. He just doesn't know how to show it.

My smile falters when I see a red dot pointed at my mother's heart. Before I can warn her, a bullet goes through the window and hits her.

I scream and try to run to her but my father pulls me back and hides me behind the couch.

"You need to go," he whispers to me and I shake my head as tears roll down my cheeks. "I can't leave," I mumble.

"Yes, you can. Leave, mija," he assures me but I don't respond, just stare at my mother's lifeless body. "Now!"

My eye swung open and I immediately sit up on my bed after hearing my floorboard creak. A nightmare and an intruder? Yay.

I grab my gun that's strapped under my bedside table and stand up, tip-toeing out of my room.

Let's just hope this is Isiah, considering I'm in plaid pyjama pants and a blacktop. Oh, and the fact that I don't want to be killed.

I make a left turn in my hallway and I see a man standing there with a gun in his hands, aimed at me.

"You can just knock, you know that, right?" I ask, taking a step towards the stranger. "Oh, well," he shrugs, his Russian accent rolling off his tongue.

Without warning, we both shoot each other. I aim at his head, while he poorly aims at my shoulder. Fuck

My red lights activate and an alarm starts to echo throughout the house. Now my house is under attack, great.

All of a sudden, I feel a hit on my lips, making me stumble and not even a second later, I'm being hovered by a stranger on the floor.