23 | speedy

you guys will definitely love this one..

Groaning in pain, I rub my eyes as I sit up

Groaning in pain, I rub my eyes as I sit up. Fuck. How much did I have to drink last night, I ask myself, massaging my temples.

Let's recap: a mission, had to kidnap the Russian's top hitman and.... got drunk after clearly. How did I end up here though?

Noticing a card with two pills and a glass of water from the corner of my eye, I knew Kylian had taken me home.

Oh my... please tell me I didn't say anything stupid to that man. He will never let me forget.

Said some wild stuff last night Rory, that's how I know the hangover is gonna be bad. Take the pills, love, feel better soon
- Kylian De Luca

Why was that... kinda sweet? I didn't expect the "feel better soon" from him. I mean it's Kylian? To be fair, we did somewhat agree to be friends but I still hate him and he still hates me... right?

Ugh, whatever, I can't deal with this shit. End the Russians, take over the mafia, and live my life. Gotta stick to the plan.

I take the two pills followed by the water Kylian gave me. I definitely need a shower.

***

For some reason, no one is around. Kylo? Nope. Riley and Bella? Nope. Kylian? Not here. Not that I care about him, I just need someone to annoy desperately.

The next best thing is to go snooping around. I go into Kylian's office. Don't ask how I got in... we can keep that a secret.

I look at the huge bookshelf up and down. It honestly shocks me Kylian reads all of these books. Like... him? Can't fathom the idea, to be honest.

I run my hands against the books until one catches my eye. What the fuck?

It's the bedtime book my parents used to read to me when I was little. It used to be my older brothers before they read it to me. They never talked about him, one day he just left. My older brother. We used to be so close, I remember that but everything else about him I can't recall.

The main character used to get called Speedy since she talked so fast. My parents and brother used to call me that. I never stopped talking, they say.

My mum once caved in and told me a few stuff about my older brother. It was the third anniversary after he disappeared and she wasn't doing well. I was thirteen, so just ten when everything happened. She told me how he snuck out to hang out with some friends, no bodyguards, and an enemy kidnapped him. I have no idea who, I've always tried to look into it but found nada.