12 | avengers assemble

Opening Kylian's office door, I walk in to see him resting his elbows on the desk with his hands in his hair

"What's up with you?" I ask, plopping onto the couch.

Did I annoy him that much last night? I am pretty annoying. But it's me, so it's fine.

"Get out," he mumbles, not bothering to look up at me. Ouch, my feelings.

"What's up your ass today?" I ask, "Because it's not this di-"

"Ivory," he warns. What? I thought that was funny. He just doesn't have amazing humour like me.

"Kylian," I copy his tone. It's not like I said anything wrong. I don't even have a dick but it's still fun to say.

He finally lifts his head and my eyebrows furrow when I see his red and puffy eyes as if he hasn't slept in days.

"You look like shit," I mutter. His collar is undone and his sleeves are rolled up. Seriously, what's up with him?

"Thanks for stating the obvious," he scoffs, pouring whisky into a glass but before he can drink it, I grab the cup and bottle.

Maybe it isn't my business, but he looks stressed out and alcohol isn't going to help him.

"Give it," he demands. Does he think I'm stupid? "No," I reply bluntly, placing the drink on the table as I sit back down.

"There's a mission tomorrow," he says, catching my attention. He said that yesterday but that soon? Damn.

"Shit," I mumble under my breath, standings up, "let me go tell Isiah."

"He's not going with us," I hear Kylian say just as I'm about to leave. You've got to be kidding me. He has to be joking.

"Isiah is my partner," I remind him, "if I'm going on a mission, he's going with me."

"Kylo, Bella, Riley, all of them aren't going. Isiah isn't as well," he shrugs and stands up.

"Why?" I huff. "They're going to Italy," he utters. Okay? That doesn't help.

"We're going as well but instead of going on the same plane as them, we're sneaking onto a Russian plane."

Is he being serious? Sneaking on a plane? Not to mention, in a Russian plane full of armed Russians. I'm honestly questioning his sanity.