09 | just keep swimming

Isiah and Riley suddenly go in front of our jet ski, splashing water all over us

Isiah and Riley suddenly go in front of our jet ski, splashing water all over us. "Isiah, you fucking idiot!" Ivory yells while he just laughs. Great.

I look over my shoulder, meeting her eyes. "Payback?" I ask and she smiles at my words. "Hell yeah," she replies instantly.

I drive in front of them and splash water behind me just like they did. Sorry not sorry, Isiah.

"Too bad, too sad," she shrugs, flipping them off. "You say that way too much," I state the obvious and before she replies, Elio starts talking through the earpiece.

"Boss, up ahead," he warns and I notice the ship not so far away. "Get ready, guys," I report back before speeding up.

This is it. There are only a few people on board, twenty at most. We can take them all. Easy peasy.

"This is gonna be fun," Ivory says and I can already imagine her smile forming. Fun?

"Ivory, just help a bit, yeah? You're already hurt." She's an assassin, she can take care of herself of course. But she got shot two days ago.

"Oh, come on," she huffs as I slow down next to the ship, "that's not fair, you need my help, remember?"

"Life isn't fair," I shrug and throw the ladder over the ship and before I start climbing, I look back at her.

"I'll do whatever I fucking want, thanks for the concern," she scoffs. Eh, I wouldn't say I'm concerned but sure.

"If you get hurt, don't blame it on me," I grumble, climbing. "And if you get hurt, don't expect me to save you," she shrugs, also throwing a ladder over the ship.

"Well, don't expect me to save you either," I roll my eyes. I don't need her help. It'll be easier with her help, yes, but I don't need it.

"Fine," she shrugs once again, catching up with me. "Fine." She's turning me into her, a person with childish humour. Help me.

"Someone's here, boss!" I hear a man yell, his Russian accent rolling off his tongue. I quickly grab Ivory's hand and hide behind a cargo.

"Stay here," I warn and leave before she can complain. I don't think she'll listen but I'm hoping she will for once.

Pulling my pistol out, I cock it and aim it in front of me. "Got ya," I smirk at the guy and shoot his head. Easy.

I kneel down beside him and grab the gun that's in his hand.

I feel like i'm in COD. Now I have that painful memory of Kylo forcing me to play with him. That was not a good day.