26 | the annual ball

long chapter, be prepared

Every year this ball has ball has to happen

Every year this ball has ball has to happen. It's been happening long before I was even born. There's a special guest list and a special city where it is held and they only get to know where. During the ball, trade talk is mostly happens but we also hold an auction. This money usually gets donated to the top voted charity. It's just a way to get all my alliances in one spot to talk basically.

I look at myself in the mirror, making sure the waves are in place and everything looks good. Kylo had a great choice when he picked out my suit. It's a nice red, not too bright, but the button up is a sleek black colour along with the tie.

Speaking of Kylo, he barges into my room. "Nah, we look so fly right now," he grins, adjusting his blazer with a big smile on his face.

I stop myself from slapping my hand into my face. "Kylo, never say that ever again," I sigh with disappointment.

"But-" he starts but I immediately cut him off. "No, Kylo. Just, no." Fly? Seriously?

"Just tryna compliment my for lifer but okay," he sighs dramatically, shaking his head like I just gave him the worst news possible.

"Also stop with the for lifer thing," I add. "You're in the mafia, working all the time. How do you have time for social media to learn these stuff?"

"Oh, bud," he places a hand on my shoulder. "That's basic stuff that my great grandma would know... you're just that behind I'm afraid."

"First," I slap his hand away from me, "Second, never call me bud ever again." Why do I keep him as company?

"Whatever you say b-" before he could finish his sentence, his eyes meet my glare and he immediately stops. "Yep, never mind. Just come downstairs in five, we're about to leave. Oh and... I may or may not have matched you with a special somebody," he says and quickly leaves my room just in time for me to process what he just said. 

You've got to be kidding me. He matched my outfit with Ivory's? Gosh, maybe he didn't really have a great choice when picking my suit.

Well... I guess it won't be that bad. People will assume she's mine and leave her alone.

What the fuck? Never mind, I can't believe I just thought that. Never in my life did I think I would say those words to myself.

Fuck.

How does she have me all confused? She really is something.

Letting out a deep breath, I quickly spray my favourite cologne, Stronger With You, before looking at myself one last time then leaving.

As I walk down the stairs, I notice that Elio, Isiah, Kylo, Riley, and Bell are all ready but Ivory. She does seem like the type to always be late.

Kylo starts blasting wedding trumpets on the speakers and I shoot him a glare. He's a kid. An eight year old kid. "Just some jokes," he forces out a laugh, turning his stupid choice of music off.