18 | secrets

That conversation with Elio was two weeks ago, and ever since then, I've tried to keep my distance from Ivory just for him

I didn't want to... for some random reason? Oh, yeah; I totally forgot annoying her brings me happiness.

Besides the point, Elio has always been there for me. I owe him. And if staying away from Ivory is what he wants then I guess I'll stay away.

I hear a knock on my door. A human being. If it's Kylo wanting to rant about some stupid thing then I might actually shoot him.

The door opens, not waiting for my reply, and the person who walks in is... fucking Kylo.

"Bro," he groans, plopping onto the couch. Well, shit. Sighing, I lean back on my chair.

"You're either training or working all the time. And before you say "I'm a mafia leader, for fucks sake," I would like to point out you still have a life," he says, mimicking my voice horribly.

I open my mouth to tell him to piss off but he continues. "Let's go racing. If you win, I'll owe you a ten-second car."

"If I go will you shut up?" I ask. "It's at the same place, see you there," he grins as he walks out.

How is he so joyful all the fucking time?

Should I even go? It would be fun, I guess. If someone tries to kill me, I'll just blame it on Kylo.

Rethinking my life choices, I force myself up and out of the office. Once I lift my head, I see Ivory leaning against the wall. Fuck.

"Are you avoiding me?" she asks, straight up. I look at her up and down before meeting her gaze. She looks- "Well, are you?"

"No," I reply bluntly and walk away. I am. That obvious, huh?

"Oh, really?" she continues, following me. She's not gonna let this go, is she?

"Why?" I glance at her. "Miss me that much, Rory?"

A slight smirk forms on my lips as she narrows her eyes at my question.

"One, I didn't miss you. Two, I thought I told you not to call me that. Three, I know you're avoiding me, Kylian," she responds.

"One, don't lie to yourself. Two, I don't care. Three, if you're so sure that means you're acknowledging how I'm not around you as much." And she says she hates me.

"So you are avoiding me?" she furrows her brows, her voice firm. "No?" I question rather than state.

"I'll find out why," she taunts, crossing her arms. "Have fun with that, Rory," I say before walking outside.

Yeah, I hope she doesn't. Because not only is she going to beat Elio's ass, she's also going to beat mine.

***