You/Shinoa Hiragi - Realization

(Seraph of the End)

(Seraph of the End)

You stared at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep. You had always been able to fall asleep quickly but everytime you closed your eyes, you could still picture the little girl you hadn't been able to save. You could still listen to hear screams as she begged for help and eventually her mom when she realized there was nothing you or your team could've done. If only you had been a few....

You're pulled out of your thoughts when you hear knocking at your door. Hoping they would go away, you remain in bed. However the knocking continues and eventually you hear Shinoa call for you. You climb out of bed and opened the door for her.

"I didn't wake you up, did I?"

"No. Did you need something?" She pushes her way past your door and to your kitchen. "What are you doing?"

"Taking care of you. I know you blame yourself for what happened." You remain quiet as you watch her make some tea. It took a couple of minutes to make and once finished, she slid a cup across the table for you. "Sit down and enjoy the tea I made you."

"Why do I feel like this tea is gonna cost me?"

"Just sit down, (y/n)."

Sighing, you take a seat across from Shinoa. You take a couple of sips as she looks at you.

"Am I in trouble?"

"No, (y/n). I'm here because I'm worried. The last time something like this happened, you ended up passing out from exhaustion. I don't want it to happen again."

"Rest assured that it won't happen again, Captain. I can take care of myself."

She raises her brow at you. You were terrible at taking care of yourself.

"I'm not here as your leader, (y/n). I'm here as your friend and I care about you."

You look down at your tea. With your finger, you trace the rim of the class while you think about what to say.

"I can't fall asleep. Everytime I close my eyes, I...I keep seeing how helpless she looked." Tears start to form in your eyes as you feel a lump grow in your throat. "I could've saved her."

Shinoa takes your hand in hers before you could dig your fingernails in your skin. She rubs the back of it with her thumb to help you calm down.

"There was nothing you could've done for the little girl, (y/n). We got there too late."

"B..but I..."

"No, (y/n). There was nothing you could've done. You hear me?" You reluctantly nod. Shinoa stands up and tugs your arm to follow her. "Come on. Lets see if you could get some sleep. I'm going to borrow some pajamas."

"You're staying?"

"Of course. I'm not leaving you alone."

You give her a grateful smile and make your way to your pajama drawer. You pull out a matching set and hand it to her.

"This should fit."

Shinoa nods and takes the clothing. Rather than go to the restroom, she starts to change in front of you. You quickly avert your eyes and hurry to climb in your bed. When Shinoa joins you in bed a couple of minutes later, she throws her arm around your waist. You scoot closer to her, letting out a happy sigh for being close to her.

"Comfortable?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

It gets quiet for a couple of minutes until Shinoa breaks the silence.

"Goodnight, (y/n)."

"Night, Shinoa. Love you.'

Hearing 'love,' Shinoa tensed up. She waited for you to say something else but eventually she heard your quiet snoring. It took a while for her to get some sleep as she kept thinking about what you had said. She was probably overthinking things.

X

Waking up, Shinoa found herself in a mess of limbs. You held her, not wanting to let her go. After struggling a little, she was eventually able to get out of your arms. So you wouldn't wake up, Shinoa left a pillow in your place. Once she washed up, she headed to the kitchen to make your breakfast.

You woke up a while later to hear noises from the kitchen. You quickly washed up and headed to see what Shinoa was doing. In the kitchen, you found her finishing breakfast. You kept quiet for a second, taking in the image of her wearing your clothes.

"Breakfast is ready.I was just going to wake you."

"Shinoa. You really didn't have to do this."

She sets up the table and takes a seat.

"I said I was gonna take care of you and that's what I'm doing."

X

Unfortunately, Shinoa had meetings so she couldn't say to spend the morning with you. Once the two of you cleaned the kitchen. Shinoa headed into your room to change.

"I should be back by dinner. Don't make anything because I already have something in mind for dinner."

"Shinoa, really..."

She leans into to kiss your cheek and opens the door.

"I'm making dinner and that's final. I'll see you later. I love you."

You remained standing in the same spot with a smile on your face. It felt like you were dreaming to hear the girl you had a crush on say that she loved you.

--------------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions on request page. If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Mitsuba ... - Answers

Mahiru Hiragi - Prevention

Esdeath - Replacement

Kyoko Kirigiri - Betrayal

Fuwa - Makeup

Fuwa - Break

Shizuku - New

Balalaika ... - Return

Esdeath - Third

Yuyu Shirai - Partners (Schutzengel)

Fuwa - Drop

Hori - Hands

--------------