𝙈𝙮 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧'𝙨 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

This was created by grogunotfound on tumblr!!

You were visiting your best friend, Karl Jacobs, in North Carolina. The two of you were close internet friends, having met one fateful night on Omegle. Out of all the creeps and pervs, you managed to get paired up with this absolute buffoon and you clicked with one another almost immediately.

Flash forward a couple years later, Karl invited you over to celebrate the New Years with some of his other friends—this wasn't your first time visiting or even meeting Karl in person, but you were excited nevertheless. You arrived two days before New Year's Eve to spend time with Karl and hang out before the celebration of 2021. You two caught up despite talking every single day because, somehow, you and Karl always had something to talk about.

That's what made you love Karl—the way it feels like the two of you were practically platonic soulmates with or without the distance. And, as much as the two of you have encountered some romantic mistakes, you both still saw each other as best friends. All the blood, sweat, and tears in this friendship have been proven paid off many many times considering how many core memories you and Karl share.

So, you weren't angry when Karl had to begrudgingly supervise his underage cousin due to a holiday family vacation mix-up. You were having a good time with him before the final moment of this year, and he also mentioned another long distance internet friend that would need company for the segue into the new year. Of course, you laughed because you thought it was another dumb Karl joke, but he was being serious.

The day of New Year's Eve, you were invited to Karl's place two hours early to meet the friend that was staying with him that day. And, wow... It was basically love at first sight. His friend, Alex, seemed so shy while meeting you; however, you knew that if he was good friends with Karl, then he would be as crazy as Karl.

And that suspicion was proven true once the party really started. Karl was right. You two got along well and even instantly clicked after Alex warmed up to you an hour into the party. Both of you were outsiders in comparison to Karl's other friends, so you spent your time tucked away in a corner. It was nice, and you were quite exhausted from the trip—so hanging out with a new friend was the perfect New Year's Eve adventure.

It was getting close to midnight...15 minutes to be exact. The party was still lively, but you and Alex (or his media handle, Quackity) were starting to dwindle down in the quietest room in the house.

"So, what is your big New Year's resolution?" You asked him, staring at the muted TV that was broadcasting a live news channel in NYC.

Alex looked off to the side to think. The two of you were sitting on a couch that faced a TV, but you noticed how you both were subconsciously scooting closer together with each profound question being asked.

"I want to start facing my fears." He decided. You nodded in response, completely agreeing with this goal.

"Like what?" You prompted him to talk more, a covert way of trying to get closer to him physically and mentally.

He laughed, a sound that always caught you off guard in a good way, "It's my turn to ask a question." You jokingly rolled your eyes and turned your full attention towards him by rotating your body so you were sitting criss-cross-apple-sauce and facing your "interviewer." "So," he began, "what is your New Year's resolution?"

"Easy." You explained your personal goal for the upcoming year. Alex smiled, demonstrating how intently he was listening. The sincerity behind his grin made you blush because it felt like he truly believed in you and your motivations. The only other person that you connected to on this level was Karl. You were beginning to see how you and Alex were compatible...friendship-wise.

"Well, I think you'll be able to do it." He leaned back into the couch cushion, almost getting engulfed by how plush the pillow was. You giggled when he rapidly escape the couch, exaggerating the deep breaths he was taking.

"Thanks. You too," you held out your hand as a sort of friendly gesture that you hoped would communicate 'I-believe-in-you-too-and-I-would-hug-you-right-now-but-we're-not-that-close' in a...subtle way. He gladly reciprocated the gesture, but neither of you let go of the other's hand when the game of 21 Questions continued.

Before you knew it, you could hear Karl calling everyone into the main room as one minute remained on the countdown clock. Alex excitingly took your hand to bring you to where Karl was, sacrificing his last insightful question and leaving you in a shock position.

Karl smirked at the two of you standing beside him, glowing with child-like joy. He wrapped you two into a huge bear hug, teasing you and Alex simultaneously. You managed to break out of his grip when people starting counting down from ten...nine...eight...

"I have one last question!" Alex turned to you, "it's about my New Year's resolution." You nodded, frantically glancing at the TV to watch the ball drop in the next 5 seconds---what was so important that he couldn't wait to ask until January 1st? "Can I kiss you?"

Without a second thought and with a subconscious breath of relief, you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled yourself closer to him---so close you could feel his hot breath hitting your lips. "Yes," you whispered and leaned your head forward to press your lips to his. His own pair responded just as readily. After a brief minute of the two of you embracing each other's needy presence, you shakily pulled away to take a breath.

Alex bit his lip and looked off to the side as in disbelief. He placed a tender finger to his lips to find concrete evidence that he confronted his fear of rejection and kissed the most beautiful person he has ever seen. "Wow," he pursed his lips to hide the stubborn smile.

"Yeah," you agreed.

"Ew." You heard someone say off to the side. You and Alex turned towards the source and caught sight of Karl running away from you two, knowing he was in trouble for being, well...himself.