𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙡𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝

written by dreamerstreamer on tumblr

Summary: [Dream SMP!AU] Being vice president is far from an easy job, and it's starting to take a toll on Quackity. Thankfully, you're always there to pick him back up, again.

The quiet ticking of the clock felt absolutely deafening in the barren silence of the office. You fidgeted your feet, your thumbs nervously tapping at the throw pillow at your side. Despite how plush and comfortable the couch cushions were beneath your thighs, they felt as stiff as rock digging into your skin. Chewing on the inside of your cheek, you sat up straight, your eyes glued to the clock as you stared down the taunting, ticking hands.

Were presidential meetings always this long? You were no professional, but employees still had a lunch break, right?

Sighing, you tore your eyes away from the clock on the walls, sweeping your gaze across the office. A tall window decorated the wall opposite from the looming mahogany door, the warm, midday sun washing the room with light. The bookshelf tucked away in the corner of the room was adorned with shelves upon shelves of files, alongside a framed photo of the Manberg flag. On the floor sat a deep crimson rug, the golden tassels brushing along the soles of your shoes.

It was a beautiful office, really. But it looked so much more dull when it was as empty as it was.

Your gaze flickered down to the container sitting on the coffee table in front of you, your lips curling into the smallest of frowns. So much for giving him a surpris—

All of a sudden, the office door swung open, slamming into the opposite wall with a loud thud. Jolting, you whipped your head up, your eyes landing on the huffing figure standing in the doorway. You watched as Quackity stomped across the room to his desk, his gaze stormy as his grip tightened around the already crumpled stack of files in his hand. He was practically seething as he dropped the stack of papers onto his desk, cursing loudly under his breath.

"What an ass," he muttered, irritation lacing his every word. Reaching up, he tugged at his navy tie, the tight fabric unravelling around his neck. "Always keeping me late because he can't be bothered to show up on time." His scowl deepened. "That lazy piece of sh—"

"Alex?"

Quackity froze at the sound of your voice, whirling around to face you with wide eyes, his lips parted in shock. "[Y/N]?" he whispered.

You lifted your hand in a shy wave, offering him a sheepish smile. "Hi."

His lips split into a wide grin as he strode over to you, crouching down next to you. "What are you doing here?" he breathed, his bright eyes scanning yours. "Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to see your beautiful face, but you're here." He gestured vaguely to the space around him, his eyebrows knitted together. "In my office."

Heat crept across your face at his words, something fuzzy and warm blossoming in the crevice of your chest. Bobbing your head, you reached across the coffee table to hold up the container you had brought with you, a glimmer of hope flitting through your eyes. "Yeah! I, um, wanted to surprise you today, so I brought you lunch!"

Quackity blinked at you once. Twice. Then, he opened his mouth, an enamoured expression creeping onto his face. "[Y/N]," he said, gentle and soft, "have I ever told you how incredible you are?"

Your heart flipped in your chest, joy sparking in your chest like a firework as you shot him a cheeky grin, winking slyly. "You could stand to mention it more often."

He laughed at that, getting to his feet before settling into the space next to you on the couch, his side warm against yours. Leaning over, he rested his head against your shoulder, letting out a long sigh of relief.