𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙮

written by merakiwi on tumblr!!

it was so silly because he genuinely liked you—he absolutely adored you and craved your attention. he often drank in your appearance every time you posted on instagram, and he grew shy every time you joined a discord call. alex found himself smitten over you, and he could never wipe off the smile whenever you spoke to him.

it was more embarrassing when he would be streaming, then you would join his call. a smile would tug at his lips as he would grow bashful every time, as he was just so infatuated with you. he tried denying the fact for months, and even arguing with his friends that it was not a crush.

but the way his face flushed red whenever you came up said it all, and his friends could not shut up about it. when he was not streaming and just in a genuine call with you, he found himself at catharsis. you became his peace and moon; as he believed you were far out of his grasp.

just existing together through a screen was enough for him, and he relished in the attention you gifted him. your voice was so soft and tender, as he was just entranced by you, he swears he was placed under a spell. you were intoxicating and he wanted more of it.

"quackity! quackity! quackity!" you spoke highly and quick, your character punching the screen as he returned the same energy.

"that's our thing, move!" wilbur came running in, immediately punching your character away and stealing alex's attention. "quackity, quackity, quackity!" he mocked.

"i fucking hate it here." you choked out between laughter, watching them do the same exact thing you and alex did. you had to admit, you did steal wilbur's bit. "going home."

alex turned his character around, almost panicking the second he watched yours walk away. "wait! wait! y/n, where are you going?" he was laughing, growing more hyper by the second.

"awe, c'mon! you guys can't just leave me behind." wilbur interjected, trailing close behind.

"i might make our place here—here good?" your character faced alex's, and he was almost in awe that you were asking him if it was fine.

then reality came crashing down. "our place?" he repeated, almost stunned. it was just a minecraft world but he grew excited at the thought. "i thought you were kidding about living together."

"no, no i wasn't." you chuckled, immediately starting on the layout. "wilbur can live in the sad, dirt basement or whatever."

"i don't want your charity!" wilbur shouted as his character already ran off, leaving you and alex to interact alone.

then you guys continued playing, almost unaware of the thousands of people watching you guys shyly talk and build. the moment you remembered you were streaming was when someone donated in text-to-chat, and you grew flushed.

around the same time, alex experienced the same thing. not that it was a bad thing, but everyone found it sweet how you both got lost in each other's presence. for just a second in the universe, you felt at home.

there finally came a day where you were going to meet alex in person, and you couldn't have been more nervous about it. the idea of finally meeting the person that made you shy was extraordinary and quite alien, as you were not ready for it. you were going to meet him because you were driving to LA for the lovejoy concert, long forgotten that alex is within the region.

"niki and alex will be backstage with you! so you won't just stand there like a statue." wilbur had texted hours beforehand.

and something in you said he planned it.

so, that is how you found yourself in this predicament. helping the band members with their sound check and ordering drinks, a gift from you, or something. although, you were distracted for a majority of it. you would find yourself daydreaming often, as one of the boys would have to get you back into reality by tapping your shoulder when they see you stare.

"are you sure you're alright?" joe would ask between light giggles.

you blinked up at him, offering a kind smile and nod. "yeah, just kind of-" your gaze flickered to a familiar face walking into the room. "just a bit tired after all day, i'm sure when you guys perform, i'll wake up." you looked back at joe, who only gaze a thumbs up and a bright grin.

when he walked off, you focused your gaze back on the person who recently walked in: alex. it was not until joe walked off is when alex noticed you, and he immediately grew still. nothing else existed as you both just stared at each other. you felt your cheeks flush, then he smiled. you watched him tell wilbur something, but everything felt too surreal, and suddenly alex was right in front of you.

"it's you!" he said, almost in disbelief himself that you're in front of him.

in this moment, you never felt more insecure. "it's me? look at you!" a smile began to tug at your lips as you brought up your hands to cup his face.

immediately, he pressed his cheeks against your palms to only stretch his grin. the moment you initiated some sort of touch is when he brought you into a tight embrace; and everything suddenly felt right.

"it's so nice to officially meet you." alex muttered against your shoulder, squeezing you a little tighter as he always wanted to do before.

"and it had to be at a lovejoy concert?" you joked with a sweet laugh.

oh, how alex swooned when your laugh was against his ear. he melted against you and cherished the warmth he dreamed of since the beginning of your friendship. hesitant, he pulled away and looked just as bashful as ever.

"what? would you rather be meeting at target?" he egged on.

yet, that only started a friendly banter between you two. others would spare a glance your way, only to see the sight of you both laughing and leaning against each other's shoulders; just then, wilbur would smile.

because maybe he did plan this, and he planned it right. discreetly, ash handed him a twenty dollar bill when realizing he had won the bet.

since then, you and alex stayed by each other's sides. the entire night not once parting, not until wil called him on stage. even then, alex came running back to you with the biggest smile he ever had.

"you only have this chance." he repeated in his head when approaching you.

before you could utter a single word of celebration, his hand came up to the nape of your neck and he brought himself to kiss you. the adrenaline that rushed through his veins was too much to bear, but he used this sudden courage and confidence to do what he probably wouldn't have for another few years.

"what was that for?" you would whisper, feeling his lips brush against yours as he came for another short one.

"for all the times i wanted to say i love you." he giggled; another kiss being shared.

then his lips were pressed against your cheek before he turned his attention back to the concert. subtly, he intertwined his hand with yours for the last duration of the show, his grin never once faltering.