𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙

written by mcyt-peach on tumblr

"There's my favorite minimum wage worker!" Somehow, Quackity manages to talk over the hum of the extractor, which impresses you since the machine can be heard down the street.

"We make the same pay, Q." You retort, sticking your tongue out at him for good measure.

He gives his signature laugh and jogs up to you from the other side of the warehouse.

"Aren't you supposed to be behind the counter right now? Ooooh, are you playing hooky?" He raises his eyebrows like he knows something he shouldn't.

"Believe it or not, I'm on a break." You say in a jokingly accusatory code.

"And you chose to visit little ol' me? I'm honored!" He smiles at you and you can't help but giggle a bit at his tone and smile. He joins in with your laughter and you feel all the stress of the day melt away.

Maybe it's cheesy, but you always feel this way around Quackity. He's just so bright and sunny, always making your day better just by being around.

On days when Q's working, you find yourself drifting to the warehouse, hoping he's not too busy. Hoping he can spare a conversation or a couple jokes or maybe just a smile.

The creaking of the garage door catches your attention and both you and Quackity turn to face the opening door.

Oh no. No, no, no. This was going to be bad.

Rule #1 of harvest season, never leave the door open. No matter how hot the warehouse gets, opening the door is a disaster waiting to happen.

The smell of honey running through the extractor brings every bee in a 3 mile radius to the building and an open door is the perfect opportunity to wreak havoc on inventory for the season.

Distantly, you're aware of Dream yelling at Punz to close the door, but you're much more focused of the hoard of bees actively entering the building.

You're not sure why, but you grab Quackity's hand and tug him across the warehouse into a storage closet before slamming the door.

The wood of the door is warped by the heat and humidity, and the crack at the bottom is far too wide for your liking. God what kind of idea was this, trap yourself and your coworker in a closet full of honey surrounded by bees that were following the smell of said honey.

"Q your jacket." You plead with him, trying to find his form in the darkness of the closet. He simply stands still, confused with your plan.

God, you don't have time for this. You push through your nerves and embarrassment and slide your hands down to the bottom of his hoodie, lifting it up until he helps you tug it off.

"Geez, take me to dinner first." You can hear the smile in his voice and you only give a huff in response.

You turn to the door and stuff the fabric under the wood, effectively plugging any gap the bees could fit through.

When you turn around to face Quackity, you become aware of just how small the closet is. Maybe he moved forward, or maybe you did, but you're certain that both of your chests are touching now.

"You always pull your handsome coworkers into closets on your break?" His voice is so close now. It lacks its usual energy, quiet and soft to calm the nervous energy he must sense in you.

"Hmm, I don't know, maybe you should ask Sapnap?" You smile and lilt your voice, trying to see his reaction, now that he's acting so strange.

"Oh Y/n you wound me!" You can hear his hand thump against his chest, holding his heart in mock anguish. "You know, you're playing with fire here."

His hands brush against your sides as he backs you up against the nearest wall. Your breath gets caught in your chest at his proximity. He's never like this, no more smiles and jokes. His voice sends a shiver up your spine and a wave of heat to your face.

If he wasn't so close, maybe you would've heard the footsteps growing closer to the closet or the door handle turning. But the glow filling up the closet lights up his face and you wish you could look at him a little longer.

Still, your head turns towards the opening door. There stands Phil, with wide eyes, who takes one look at the situation... and promptly shuts the door.

Looks like you won't be visiting Q on break for a while.