𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮?

written by quackiseok 

Staying up late until 2 AM wasn't something new to both you and Alex. The two of you mostly spend your time together at night since he has a busy schedule in the day. Even though it's late, what mattered to you is that the two of you had fun hanging around together at midnight.

However, today was a bit different. Being a streamer with a huge platform was surely tough for Alex and there were some days he has to work up until late at night, editing the clips he shot in the morning for his upcoming video. Today was one of those busy days.

What time is it now?

A small sigh escaped your lips as you read the time on the clock, indicating that it was already 2 in the morning, yet there were still no signs of Alex being finished with his work anytime soon. You usually don't get too worried about Alex because he finishes around 1 AM, but now it's been an hour late since the usual time.

Should I check on him?

The option was tempting, but another half of you didn't want to bother Alex with his work. You looked at the clock again, still contemplating whether you should go check on him or not.

Well, trying doesn't hurt, right?

Standing up from the bed, you decided that you should try and give Alex a visit to see how he was doing.

You made your way towards his workroom, gently knocking on the door before entering.

"Come in!"

Alex chimed from the other side, allowing you to enter the room.

"Alex! Are you done yet?" You greeted his figure on the gaming chair, asking whether if he was finished yet or not.

"Not yet, but I'm almost finished!" A warm smile plastered on his lips, his gaze still fixated on the monitor in front of him.

"Oh, that's cool!" You replied as you walked closer towards his desk, standing behind his gaming chair to see what he was working on.

Geez, editing seems to be really complicated.

You thought to yourself as you saw the complicated layout on Alex's computer. No wonder why it takes such a long time to create good video content.

"Can I ask you a favor, though?" Alex suddenly asked, his eyes never leaving the monitor.

"Sure! What is it?" You accepted, happy that you might be able to help him out.

"Come closer." He shifted his gaming chair a little bit, his face now somewhat facing you.

You couldn't help but feel a bit skeptical towards him since he often pranks you with his little tricks, but you encouraged yourself that tonight might be different. Nonetheless, you did as you were told, your figure now facing his.

"Turn around." He commanded again, leaving you even more skeptical than before.

What kind of favor is he asking me to do?

"What are you doing?" You scoffed out of confusion with an eyebrow raised.

"Trust me! I promise I'm not messing around!" He chuckled, assuring you that he wasn't messing with you.

"... Fine." You turned your body away from him, your back now facing his face.

A surprised yelp left your throat when you felt two arms wrapped around your waist and pulled you down to a sitting position.

"A-Alex!" A blush crept up to your cheeks when you realized that you were sitting on his lap, his arms still wrapped around your waist and his nose nuzzled on the crook of your neck. Nothing but a giggle left his mouth in response to your flustered state.

"Stay with me here for a bit?" Alex mumbled on your neck, his embrace hugging you tighter than before.

This man. I swear.

At this point, it felt like you could melt into a puddle at any second from now.

"O-On your lap?" You asked him, trying to make sure that he wasn't joking.

"Of course. Stay here with me while I edit for a bit." He rested his chin on your shoulder, his hands now going back to his keyboard and mouse. Before Alex continued his work, he stopped and fixated his gaze on you.

"Wait, are you okay with waiting for me here?" He asked, making sure whether you were fine with this or not.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine with this." You stuttered out, still flustered from his sudden actions to you.

Alex smiled softly as he heard your response, pressing a soft kiss on your neck before he continued on with his work.

"Thanks, love."