𝙨𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙝

written by scotticky on tumblr

It was a summer night but thankfully the moon was full, so she didn't have to use her phone's flashlight to help illuminate her pathway. y/n was staying at her parent's place for winter break, and had been using the cover of nighttime for her smoke sessions when she couldn't sleep. She looked down at the electronic box in question and noticed the small red battery icon had the numbers 20% next to it. The air was warm but the slight breeze caused her to snuggle into her hoodie each time it flowed past. She walked slowly and bopped her head lightly to the beat of "4am" sounding from her earbuds, her feet practically moving themselves along her usual path. She let out a small gasp when she finally looked up from her phone and saw that her favorite spot had been taken.

It was bound to happen at least one night.

The purpose behind her late night expedition was to reach her neighborhood's playground which was always calm and beautiful at night. It was the same park she had played at as a child, and the lack of trees around the swing set made them the perfect spot for stargazing after dark. It made for an especially good smoking spot, and in all honesty the young woman fondly thought of it as HER smoking spot.

However, when she finally looked up from her feet and at HER swings, there was someone perched in one of them with their face hidden from her gaze. At first, she was startled, but her fear quickly subsided with the realization that it was only a boy who appeared to be close to her age watching his bright phone screen. She studied his face in the piercing blue light disturbing the darkness of the night before realizing she recognized him from around their small neighborhood, with his blue beanie giving his identity away.

I'm pretty sure his name begins with an A? I never really met any of his family when they moved in a few streets down from my house, but my mom says his mother is nice enough.

She awkwardly shifted her backpack from shoulder to shoulder and weighed her options.

I could either give up my absolutely perfect smoking spot and find somewhere else... or I could risk him telling on me and offer to smoke him out...

She landed on her final decision, hoping it wouldn't backfire and that maybe she could even make a smoking buddy out of it. She loudly cleared her throat to get his attention. His quickly head whipped around to meet the girls face with his own wide eyes, and a small yelp left his lips as he fell backwards out of the swing. She grimaced and chuckled as she watched him land in the gravel head first and then groan dramatically as he grabbed his back. She walked over to wear he lay and stood over him, looking down at him with an apologetic smile. He looked up with his face bright red from embarrassment at his little tumble.

She took the opportunity to inspect his face, which was covered by his askew short black hair that was mostly contained beneath a beanie with the letters "LAFD" on it. His dark eyes seemed to invite her to talk to him more, encouraging her heartbeat to quicken.

Oh wow he's cute... I was not expecting that.

She silently congratulated herself for deciding to not leave her spot unbothered. Soon her face became almost as red as his, but she hoped he wouldn't be able to see due to the darkness.

"Hello, I'm y/n" she introduced as she extended a hand and offered to help him out of the gravel.

"Hi, I'm Alex" he said, but got up without taking her hand.

She shot him a weird look for disregarding her friendly gesture but moved along and sat down in another swing.

"May I join you?" She asked even though she had already sat down. He nodded at her anyways and seated himself in the swing seat next to hers.