𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙤

written by star-1111 on tumblr

You wandered through the crowds of people, who stood around machines and tables, gambling their money and life away.

The clicks of glasses and objects hitting the tables filled the air, alongside people laughing and cheering.

This was what you heard on a daily, since you not only lived, but worked in Las Nevadas.

You were somewhat envious of these people. They were able to live their life without worries. Partying, drinking, getting high..

You sighed, adjusting your suit and tie, feeling eyes on you.

You had a bad habit of always trying your best to make others think only the best of you, and this habit really developed when your life begun in Las Nevadas.

You instinctively looked behind and all around you, people around looking away immediately.

You flushed in embarrassment, looking down as you begun to wring your hands.

You figured that people were looking at you, due to the fact that you were around 7-8 foot tall enderman. The people around you were human, and were nowhere as tall as you.

You continued walking around, your tail swaying with delight at the neon colors that shone down on you.

"Watch where you're swinging that fuckin' thing, freak!" Someone shouted, people glancing at you with disgust again.

You looked aside in shame, running to a gender neutral bathroom. You locked yourself in a stall, taking deep breaths. When you regained yourself, you trudged over to see someone- someone who always made you feel better.

And who could that be? No one else, but the leader of this casino- Quackity.

You entered his office, the lights inside dimmed as Quackity himself gazed longingly out the window, a long cloud of smoke emerging from his mouth and nose. He toyed with rings that hung from his neck, directly placed over his heart.

He glanced over at you, forcing a smile. "Whats up, y/n? Are you enjoying yourself? Wanna hit this fucking joint with me?" You politely shook your head, sitting down across from him.

The duck-winged man tilted his head to the side, lazily looking at you. He sat up, cracking his knuckles as he inhaled in his drug again. He exhaled slowly, forming shapes with the smoke.

"Whats the matter?" He asked, removing the joint from between his teeth. You eyed his scar, the red splotched cut going through his eye.

"Im just...y'know...here, I guess." Quackity rolled his eyes. "You can tell me, dollface. Friends can tell each other things." You sighed. running a hand through your hair. "People...people have been judging me again."

You noticed his posture change, and when you looked he looked directly at you, a serious expression on his face.

"Who?" He asked, his tone demanding. You glanced at the wall. "Just...some gamblers here and there." He stood, fixing his tie. "I'll handle it." He quickly gave you a hug, patting your back. "You should never listen to those fucking scumbags. You are amazing, just the way you are. I have some candy in my drawer, help yourself. I'll be back, and then we can do whatever you want. We could pop some fireworks, we could go for a ride around Las Nevadas, we could gamble the night away- oh, and I'll make sure you win, toots."

He winked at you, a sly smile pulling on his face, before he left you alone in his office.

Yep, you thought to yourself. People like him make my work enjoyable.

~