𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙙𝙙𝙖𝙢 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚?

written by jadeissues on tumblr

you knew something was wrong.  ever since you got home you noticed how he isolated himself in his room, avoiding any and all interaction with you. you've tried to start up conversations. asking him how his day was, if he needed anything, etc. but alas, he didn't so much as acknowledge you. it was as if you were invisible. every desperate attempt to obtain his attention was torn apart and chucked away. he never once looked you in your eyes, nor did he look at you in general.

understandably, this was pissing you off. after all, you didn't work your ass off all day just for him to ignore you. you took an extra 3 shifts at work, just so you'd have enough money to afford his special birthday present - which was getting closer and closer by each day that passed.

you slowly slithered towards his bedroom door, trying to display your agitation by stepping a little harsher than you usually would - practically stomping. you took one sharp inhale, trying to calm down. you weren't going to fight fire with fire, you were going to handle this responsibly.

you opened the door with a loud and drawn out creek. he was slouched over his desk, working on something on his computer, sitting very awkwardly on his gaming chair. as per routine, he didn't look away from his computer screen. you stood in the doorway for a bit, thinking of what to say, how you were going to bring this up, if he was even going to listen to you.

"hey babe.. - are you alright?" you lingered beside his chair, your hands behind your back as you subtly swayed side to side, waiting for him to say something. but he didn't. "do you want something to eat?" no response.

"did i... do something wrong?" "..."

"will you at least answer me?!

it seemed that was his last straw. it was as if a string inside of him snapped. he whipped his head back towards you, looking into your eyes with what you could only describe as pure rage.

"god-fucking-damnit [y/n]! would it kill you to be quiet for once in your fucking life?!" he yelled, slamming his fist into his desk. you flinched at his sudden violence. "what?" you were dumbfounded. his words bubbled up in your mind repeatedly, clinging onto you like glue. were you really that annoying?

"you're so fucking clingy! i can't ever have some time alone without you barging into my business and trying to make everything about you!" he raised his hands up to his head as he yelled, shaking as if he was on the verge of hitting himself, or even worse - you.

"well i'm sorry for being a good partner and caring about you. when was the last time you asked me how i was doing, huh? when was the last time you asked me how my day went?" you clenched your fists, staggeringly. so overwhelmed by the whole situation you wanted to cry. what did you even do to him? you just wanted to check up on him, why was he lashing out on you?

alex remained quiet, looking down at the floor guiltily. he had not in fact asked you about how you were doing. usually it was because he didn't want to come off as clingy, or annoy you. but now that he's thinking about it logically, it was a pretty shit thing to do.

"exactly." you filled in the silence. you felt tears beginning to well up in your eyes, so you quickly fled the room, not wanting him to see how weak you were. he shot up from his seat, about to stop you but he couldn't. you were gone too quickly. he couldn't say sorry.

you practically ripped your bedroom door off of it's hinges as you stormed inside your room, cold tears streaming down your face like a waterfall. why was he acting like this, what happened? you were seething with unfathomable sadness, but also rage. you were so frustrated. - but scared. you saw the way he slammed his fist into the table, what was stopping him from doing the same to you? you hated that thought. you tried to push it out of your mind. you would grind it up and shred it if you could. but seeing the way he was, you knew the possibilities of him hurting you were low, but definitely not zero. you absolutely loathed the idea of being hurt by someone you loved. it happened too many times to you, you couldn't cope with it happening again.