( 𝟎𝟑𝟔 ) the birthday party

'party guessed'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

THE PARTY WASN'T exactly what Lexi thought it would be like, every single year, the Martin' twins parties were the 'it party', people would do anything to get an invite to it, and were devastated when they didn't get an invite, but what Lexi was seeing right now, wasn't that, and it broke her heart. Every year, the one thing that Lydia always most looked forwards to, was their birthday party, and Lexi always did het bit with setting up the party, and overall bringing the excitement for the event so that people would show up. This year was different; people avoided not only Lydia, but Lexi, too, believing that the Martin twins were both crazy in their own way, and not only had Jackson broken up with the older twin; but Lexi had also been seen hanging out with Scott and Stiles, rather than the 'popular students' that Lydia always made her hang out with at school. But that never stopped Lexi from hanging out with the people that she wanted to, and Lydia knew that, so the girl had just stepped down and given up with her role as the most popular girl, that, and she was going through much worse things than to care about what was happening at school right now.

As Lexi stood by the back door in her garden, looking around at the place and at how empty it all was, the fact that there was no one here, and probably won't be at all; she had tried avoiding Lydia since she had come back downstairs with Stiles to answer the door, because she didn't know if she would be able to face the girl with how upset she clearly was that the party wasn't going the way she wanted it to. Lydia was great at hiding her feelings when it could ruin her reputation, or make her look stupid, and the girl believed that she would look stupid because of this party, because no one had showed up, but even if the people here didn't care about that, Lydia did, and seeing her sister hide her distress, wasn't something that Lexi enjoyed. Jackson didn't even turn up, which was the mail in the coffin for Lydia, as it meant that the boy may be finally done with her, that they were done for good, and Lydia had always loved Jackson, just making things even worse for her.

Lexi moved over to where Lydia was standing with a tray of drinks, looking around at the empty garden with a hidden look on her face, one that Lexi could see right through. "I'm sure everyone's running late." The girl stated to her sister.

Lydia let her face fall for just a second, enough time for Lexi to spot it and confirm that the girl was truly hurting inside, but even the tiniest bit of fear showed up on her face, where Lexi had also noticed that, too, when it quickly covered back up. "I know they are." Lydia said, shaking her head and chuckling, hiding yet again her true feelings. Lexi nodded her head, before gladly accepting a cup of punch that her sister had offered her; looking back at the door to their house, Lexi saw Stiles standing with Scott and Allison, the three of them looking over at the Martin twins', Lexi merely smiled over at them, mostly Stiles, who raised his hand to wave at her.