( 𝟎𝟎𝟏 ) the martin twins

'wolf moon'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

LEXI MARTIN WAS EXCITED for her sophomore year with her twin sister, Lydia. They were both the most popular girls in school, everyone wanted to be like them, or be friends with them. Lexi didn't care for the attention as much as Lydia, she just wanted to get through her school years and graduate with no problems.
Lexi and Lydia couldn't be more different; Lydia covered up her smartness, was closed up and bitchy - whereas Lexi embraced her inner nerd, and was nice to anyone who was nice to her.

Although they were different, they couldn't be closer; they were best friends and did everything together, being twins, they had that special bond; like they could read each other's minds.
Looks-wise, they looked nearly identical, with their bright strawberry-blonde hair, full lips and pale skin. By looking at the both of them side by side, anyone can tell that they're twins.

"Which skirt?" Lexi beard a voice from her bedroom door.
She looked up from her book, to see Lydia standing at the door with two skirts, one in each hand.

Lexi turned her head to the side in thought, looking at the two skirts. She pointed to the one in her sisters left hand, "That one." She said.

Lydia showed a wide smile, "That's the one I thought, too." She spoke, before leaving to go back to her room.

The first day back was tomorrow, and no surprise that Lydia was already picking out an outfit. Lexi would normally throw on something in the morning and they would be that.
She was partly nervous to start; what if people didn't like her? Or they judged her? Would what she do?
She was nowhere near as confident as Lydia.

"Lex?" Lydia asked, snapping her fingers in front of her face, "Earth to Lex."

Lexi shook her head, coming back to reality, "Sorry, what?" She asked.

"I said are you ready for tomorrow?" She asked, taking a seat on the edge of Lexi's bed with a nail file.

"Oh." Lexi sighed, "I guess so." She said, shrugging.

Lydia furrowed her brows, "What's wrong?" She asked, noticing the look on her sisters face.

Lexi looked up at Lydia with a worried expression, "What if people don't like me?" She voiced out.

Lydia scoffed, "Are you kidding? They're going to love you." She spoke, causing Lexi to smile up at her, "I mean, you're related to me, why wouldn't they?"

Lexi kept the smile on her face, shaking her head, "Of course, Lyds." She chuckled.

"Girls!" Their mom called from the hall, before walking into Lexi's room, "It's getting late, make sure you're in bed soon, school starts early." She spoke.

"Yeah, mom. We'll only be another minute." Lexi told her, giving her a small smile.

Their mom returned the smile, before leaving the girls to their conversation.
"God, she's so annoying." Lydia muttered, keeping her eyes on her polished nails.

"Don't be mean." Lexi told her sister, nudging her.

Lydia rolled her eyes, "Whatever." She said, standing up, "See 'ya tomorrow."

"See 'ya." Lexi replied, watching her sister leave the room.
She sighed and fell back into her soft bed; maybe if she acted as confident as she could, she could match up to Lydia.
She was worried for the next day, but ecstatic to have a new start; maybe this would be the year for her.