( 𝟎𝟎𝟐 ) first day back

'wolf moon'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

LEXI WAS PULLED OUT of a deep sleep due to the shrill shriek of her alarm - she always dreaded mornings. She would normally have a longer time having a lie in, but she hadn't sorted out an outfit from the night before, so she needed to sort something out so her sister wouldn't have a go at her for not being fashionable.
She could hear the sound of her twin shuffling around in the next room, as she managed to pull herself out of her comfortable, warm bed. She never understood how Lydia always woke up so early with no problem whatsoever.

She didn't know what impression she wanted on her for the first day of school; she wanted people to think that she was laid back, unlike her sister, who is incredibly snotty.
She decided on a simple outfit, wearing the colours of black and white, with some trousers; she wasn't usually the type to wear skirts; if she were to wear something like that, it would either be a dress or shorts - but she wouldn't wear a dress to school.

Once she had finally gotten ready and was all set to go, Lydia came waltzing in her room, also dressed and ready. She tilted her head at Lexi upon seeing her outfit, "Normally, I would say no to trousers, but you pull them off." She said, looking her sister up and down.

Lexi smiled at Lydia, "Thanks, Lyds." She said, grabbing her bag and walking to her door, "You ready?"

"Yup." Lydia replied, beginning to leave the house, "We'll go in my car today, it matches my outfit." She told Lexi.

She rolled her eyes at her sisters comment, only Lydia Martin would match an outfit to her car.
"How come you're not going in with Jackson today?" She asked, as she climbed in the passenger side of Lydia's car.

Lydia shrugged, while checking out her lip gloss in the mirror, before pulling out of their drive. "He wanted to drive his car, I wanted to drive mine."

Once they had made it to school, Lexi immediately felt better about herself; the stares of admiration and jealousy that she and Lydia received was enough to boost anyone's confidence. She didn't want to admit it, but it felt good.
The two girls smiled at each other, before linking arms and walking towards the school, not looking in anyone's way as they did so.

The curls on Lexi's hair bounced with every step she took, making her look as if she was a movie star; she didn't need to wear expensive or revealing clothing, her hair takes most of the attention away.
As they were walking, she couldn't help but overhear a conversation going on between two boys by the entrance of the school.

"That's freaking awesome. This is seriously the best thing that's happened to this town since..." The buzzcut haired boy spoke, trailing off as he looked over towards the Martin twins; she had never noticed this boy before, but for some reason, he gained he attention today.
"Since the birth of Lydia Martin, who's walking towards us right now." He finished.