( 𝟎𝟏𝟖 ) shopping for the dance

'formality'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

LEXI'S FAVOURITE HOBBY WAS to shop, she and Lydia h as grown up loving it, having the excuse to need to shop for something so that they could get out of the house where they didn't have to listen to their parents constant arguing. Only, now, Lexi and Lydia shopped because they loved it, they had the money to do so, as their dad paid them monthly so he didn't have to visit them, so they used the money for shopping, and shopping alone.
Hence why they could afford so many nice things, or designer clothing and bags, was because their dads money helped them with that, making them realise that even if they didn't have their dad anymore, they had money to make up for it.

Lexi smiled alongside her sister as they linked arms, walking through the shopping mall, knowing that if they didn't find a dress today, they might as well not go to the dance. Lydia had asked someone on the lacrosse team to go to the dance with her, as Jackson was taking Allison, so that left Lexi alone, but she knew that she didn't want to go with someone off of the team. Her thoughts kept circling back to a certain buzz-cut boy, someone she actually liked.
"Lexi, if we don't get you a date, you can tag along with me and Michael." Lydia told her twin, noticing the distant look on her face - she knew that she was thinking about the dance and Lydia didn't want Lexi to worry about it. She wanted the girl to have a good time..

Lexi smiled gratefully at Lydia, "Thanks, Lyds." She said, leaning into her sisters side. The two sisters then looked over at Allison, who had been moping since they had first arrived at the mall, and they didn't know why. She had nothing to be upset about, she had Jackson taking her to the dance; Lexi didn't have anyone.

"What's got your tail in a twist, Allison?" Lydia asked, also having noticed that Allison hadn't smiled once since they had met up met up with the girl.

"Nothings wrong." Allison told the twins, as they both looked at her expectantly, expecting her to explain why she was in such a bad mood. "I just have a lot on my mind." She added, shrugging, as they now all went up the escalator.

"You could smile, at least." Lydia told Allison, "Ever heard of the saying, 'never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile'?" She asked, smiling to herself at the saying - it's why she smiled a lot, to hopefully catch someone's attention. She was constantly telling Lexi to smile, but the girl almost always had a frown on her face, like the one on Allison's face right now - but ever since the new school year had started, she had changed, and Lydia loved to see it.

"Yeah, smile Allison." Lexi told their friend mockingly, nudging Lydia as she did so, laughing. "I'm buying you a dress, you should be happy." She said. Lexi and Lydia were always cheered up when they brought things..