❁~----

Stuffed into a black cocktail dress that Julianna had 'gifted' me during our shopping trip and a jacket thrown over top. I'm on the verge of a panic attack as limbs occasionally brush against me while I make my way through the crowd on the dance floor. Upon arrival, I texted Liam for his location which was immediately given. The deck. Which was all the way on the opposite end of this ginormous house. Whose house was it? I had zero clue, but it was in a gated community which I had to give not only my name but also a 4 digit code that would then allow me through the gate.

I swear there is no way that all of these people know Julianna and Liam. There are so many people and even a private bar with three people hired to serve for the night...at least I think they're only here for the night. I ignored the bar and proceeded to make my way to the sliding doors which led to the deck outside. A lot of the men here were quite tall and fit, people were pressed against each other all throughout the room. I was quite amazed at the amount of people here.

By the time I had reached the deck, I was exhausted at having to weave through so many people and, honestly, just the distance itself was enough to leave me slightly winded.

Why did I agree to this?

I asked Liam what I could do to help, he just said come. I had no idea where the courage came from in order to not only show up, but also show up in this dress of all things. But here I am and I was going to use our word as soon as I got ahold of Liam.

Maybe.

The thought passes as I take in the backyard. Inside is like a nightclub, bodies pressed to one another. Outside was like a mini festival. There were tons of different games, food carts, a mini bar, and even a pool. Obviously people were dressed a little too fancy for the games and pool, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves quite a bit.

"Didn't quite expect to see the photographer here."

I felt my heart practically leap out of my chest. Placing a hand over my heart to try and settle it, I turned to face Theo. He had on a white button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, the material was so thin that I could see the tattoos that decorated his left arm through the material.  They went all the way up his shoulder, peeking out from where the top buttons remained opened. His hair was tousled in a way that made me want to run my hands through it just to see if it was as soft as it looked.

"I was invited." I replied, lamely.

Theo shoved his hands into his pockets, which only drew my eyes to the way the shirt tightened around his torso. I wonder if he knew how hot he looked at the moment. He probably did, because I feel like people who are hot have to know they're hot...right? 

"Well," He walked up to stand beside me at the edge of the deck, "you clean up nicely." Theo looked out over the backyard, people looked to be having so much fun and part of me wished that I could be down there...joining in on the fun.

I shrugged, "So do you." I mutter as I give him a side glance.

A deep chuckle left his lips as Theo turned to me, "I have to wear this quite often actually." He reached up a hand and ran it through his hair, making it even more tousled which did not help subside my need to run my fingers through it. "Or I guess a version of this."

I nodded slowly, "Uh huh. Well I guess that means you don't clean up nicely, if this is all you wear." He let out another chuckle and raised one eyebrow while leaning slightly closer to me.

"I mean I didn't say I always wore this." Theo raised a hand to brush aside a hair that had fallen past my shoulder, before catching his finger on the strap of my dress. He let his finger trail down it, pulling it off and letting it hang to the side. He has moved slowly forward and was now close enough for his breath, minty with a hint of whiskey, to now fan my face. "I've been known to dress down too..."