❁~----------

I'm once again stuffed into a cocktail dress, two tequila shots down and my second...or was it my third peach-something-rather in the air as I dance against a guy I don't really recall meeting, but I'm sure he's got a great personality. His hand is pressed to my hip and his lips are leaving the faintest of kisses against my neck as he mutters the lyrics to whatever song is playing.

But if I'm being honest here... I don't hear singing coming from this song. Which probably meant this guy was a little far gone. The guy hasn't really been too handsy and I had no plans to take him home with me. Or go home with him. I just wanted to feel...something. I've never been in this position before.

I mean I'm young. I'm cute enough. I deserve to feel a little wanted here and there. Especially when I'm out celebrating.

As if he could read my thoughts, his lips pressed to the edge of my ear and he muttered a request to go somewhere more private. I felt a shiver run down my spine as heat spread through me. Regardless of how young and cute I felt in this moment, this guy was way too far gone and I was way too in over my head for me to agree. A polite 'no' was barely leaving my lips when another set of hands pulled me from my dance partner. I tipped my head back to see who it was that now gripped my waist and was pleasantly surprised to see Theo.

Pleasantly?

Theo was whispering something to the guy I had been dancing with. Confusion set in as the guy clasped Theo on the shoulder and muttered an apology explaining that he had no idea. Theo just laughed it off and pointed in the direction of a table with other guys and girls who were not ashamed enough to hide their curious stares. The guy was gone without a second thought about me.

I eyed Theo as he sighed and pressed a hand to his face, exhaustion very much apparent. As if he just remembered I was there, he dropped his hand and put on a smile as he turned to me. I raised an eyebrow at him before sighing myself and turning to look for Kate or another person to dance with.

"Hey!" Theo's hand wrapped around my arm and he pulled me back to my original spot. "I thought you wanted to dance?" His expression showed mock confusion. I eyed him for a moment. Why is he still pretending? Why did he pull me away from the other guy? Did he hate me that much that seeing me enjoying something made him forcibly stop it?

It was definitely the alcohol that was guiding my thoughts at the moment, but I needed something to erase this morning from me. Theo being here was already a pain and I just needed to get him to leave me alone for at least one night, so I could erase any bit of him that clung to my heart still.

Him affecting me this much should be a red flag in itself. But him affecting me this much after we've only really known each other like two or three weeks, is a bright and flashing red flag.

I motioned for him to lean down and like a puppy dog, he followed obediently. I wrapped one hand around his neck, playing with a tuft of hair, pressing my lips to his ear. A shiver passed through him, causing me to smirk at the thought that maybe I affected him as much as he affected me. Obviously, that isn't true. But a girl could dream. "Does that mean you're willing to take care of me?" I whispered.

Both of his hands gripped my waist now and I heard him groan softly as he pressed a soft kiss to my jaw. I froze at the gesture, a buzz began in my stomach as he leaned more into me. This wasn't what I had planned. I thought it would cause him to pull away in disgust or something, not to confuse my heart more as he pulled me in tighter than ever before. It was getting too hot. The feeling of him pressed against me and his lips moving across my skin was mixing an unknown feeling in my stomach and I clenched my thighs together. I shook my head slightly to shake the buzzing that had somehow made its way into my head.