❁~-----

"You can have the weekends. We will live between them..." I mumbled along to the song that was playing within the studio, as I stocked the pens.

My mind wandered back to the party and how much fun I ended up having with Theo, Sebastian and Knox. It was the first party that I had lasted all the way through and I even managed to not only get a prize for Sebastian, but all three of them. They were all extremely pleased, even if Knox received a unicorn. 

He said it was very cute and that he would potentially keep it from his two dogs so they wouldn't tear it to pieces. I wouldn't fault him if he ended up giving in because he showed me his puppies and I about died from how cute they were.

I completely forgot about the fact that there were probably hundreds of strangers there and I found myself actually enjoying my time. Liam never even texted me to see if I got home that night and while I know he was probably busy, part of me was a little upset that he invited me out there and then didn't even bother to see if I was okay after it was over.

Theo ended up taking me home and even tried to get me to keep the little dinosaur I won him, but I made him take it as a reminder of that night. I don't actually expect any of them to dwell too much on that night seeing as I'm just Winnie to them and they barely just met me...but part of me hoped that they'd at least remember it on the occasion when they glanced at the plushie.

"Well the high of today is that we kick off the season with back to back explosive games!" The radio shifted into the break portion where they discussed news and stuff, so I sighed as I made my way towards my radio to change stations. Right as I went to change the station though, the host said something that caught my attention.

"Who are we expecting to see big things from this season, Paul?" A lady asks as a shuffle of papers comes through. The guy laughs as if it is the funniest question he's been asked all day, "Well, our very own Cade Montgomery is the star of the show usually. So expect big things to come from him! We're looking towards at least a point from him every game this season, as that was his average last season. Finally hitting 40 goals might very well be in his sights for the season and I can imagine he might be a candidate for Hart this season." The lady sighs dreamily, "Cade Montgomery, what a specimen." A couple of laughs sound from the radio as they break off to discuss stats of teams and who is predicted to put up big numbers in this month alone. But I just turn down the volume as I furrow my eyebrows, a ghost of a memory passes through my mind from the night of the party where I asked all the guys what they did for a living.

Sports related.

That was what they had said all at the same time. The finality of their tones told me to drop the subject, so I did. Plus I got distracted by something very serious, a cotton candy stand.

I blinked as I'm brought back to where I stand in my store. The sound of paint brushes hitting each other, which was my unique idea to replace the bell that used to ring a little too loud when the door opened. I pushed myself to make my way to the front, calling out a 'welcome' as I lifted the counter top to let myself behind the register.

Looking down to take off my apron, I sigh thinking about how it might not be my Theodore Cade Montgomery who they were discussing, but all the signs pointed to it being him.

Wait...my?

A shadow fell on me, so I shook my head to rid my mind of those thoughts.

"Sorry, how can I help-" My words got stuck in my throat as my eyes connected with green ones.

What a specimen.

Theo stood before me, his palms resting on the counter-top and his signature smirk only slightly poking through. "Hey, Winifred Lynn Benjamin. Owner of Benji's Arts & Crafts, which was previously owned by your uncle. But here you are, new owner and also a highly skilled artist." He leaned even closer to me, "My sister may have mentioned a little bit about you to me at lunch yesterday. Color me curious, Benji." I couldn't quite get my air to go down the right path, so just my luck as I began to choke.