❁~-----------❥---

"Kate's okay, right?"

He didn't have to ask, but he did and I think something must be wrong with me because I find that to be the most attractive thing he's ever done.

"Yeah. Nothing major. Probably just some guy issues or maybe it's work this time." I shrug as I play with the seatbelt trying to act nonchalant. I can feel his gaze which makes me tense a little, but after a moment he shrugs and I instantly ease up.

"Practice ends at about 10:30; so I should be at your place by 11/11:30." Theo says as he pulls up against the curb outside my studio. Eyeing the studio, I ponder if I should clarify what exactly is happening between us or if I should just let things flow as they were.

"Benji," Theo turns to me, "you okay?"

I nod, moving to open the door. A hand on my arm stops me and I'm tugged back to Theo, his lips pressing against mine in the softest way possible. I blink, not given a chance to kiss him back or even think too much about the kiss.

"Okay. Now you can go." Theo says cheekily, sending me a wink. My cheeks heat and I rush out of the car not wanting him to know how much he truly affects me.

I hear him roll down his window and I try to hurry myself along, but I'm too late. "11:30 at the latest, Winnie! Don't forget about me!" Theo calls, a laugh threatening the edges of his words and I blush even harder as I see Kate peeking out of the front door of my apartment.

She pushes out to lean against the railing to wave at Theo as he drives off. I curse myself for ever becoming friends with either of them and wish I had just been blessed with a lonely life. One where my friends didn't team up against me. That would be nice.

"Well, he seems like he's in a good mood." Kate raises an eyebrow at me, but I just roll my eyes at her as I make my way up the last bit of stairs. "Wonder if there is a reason for that." She sings as she pokes the hickey that everyone seems to be noticing.

"Stop it!" I hiss as I walk into my apartment. I'm instantly hit with the smell of Chinese food, feeling a sudden wave of hunger.

"Winnie!" Julianna calls from the couch, sniffles come as she continues to stuff noodles into her mouth. "Come! There's plenty."

Julianna has always been composed, but right now she looks disheveled and completely out of sorts. She's surrounded by way too much Chinese food for the three of us and has on a comfy pair of sweats as she curls into a blanket. It was a bit chilly out but my heater works perfectly fine, so this is probably just her personal cocoon.

"So she's a friend now?" Kate whispers as she pulls the door closed behind us. I nod as I study Julianna, trying to decide how I should go about this. I had no idea what this was about and I had a sickening feeling that it really was Liam.

"Hey, Julianna-" "Jules is fine." She cuts me off, sending a teary smile. "All of my friends call me that. Julianna sounds too formal." She scrunches up her nose as she scoops up rice.

"Jules..." I hesitantly approach as I sit on the floor in front of her. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Do you love my brother?" She asks. The question surprises me, but it surprises me how much I want to say yes. Can someone fall in love that quickly?

"I'm not sure." I mutter instead, so neither Kate or Julianna can know how crazy I actually am. "Maybe. We haven't really had time to discuss that yet."

Julianna nods, "I love Liam. Like quite a bit, ya know?" She nods again, sending me a smile. "But he doesn't love me." She sobs around her orange chicken.

I cringe as I watch her eat the chicken in between sobs. "I'm sure he loves yo-"

"No! You don't understand!" Julianna cries out as she tosses her plate to the coffee table. "He told me so."