---~❁

Theo

--❁--

A series of loud knocks on my front door pulls a groan from me. As I go to stretch, a tiny moan sounds next to me and I slowly open my eyes, taking in the pretty brunette who is curled into my side.

Winnie.

I can't stop the smile that makes its way onto my face as flashes of last night run through my head. Seeing her still here makes me feel at ease for some reason. I wouldn't expect her to just leave, but part of my brain had me second guessing whether last night was a dream or not. 

With her hand gently gripping my shirt, I find it a bit difficult to leave without disturbing her. So I try my best to ignore the knocking.

The knocking continues for another second or two before it stops and in place my phone buzzes on the nightstand. I eye it from where it lays on the other side of the bedside. I debate for a moment too long because the phone stops buzzing and I hear the distinct sound of a key being inserted.

I freeze as I hear the door downstairs open and hear someone greet Rosco in a cheerful voice. I scoff at the betrayal of my own dog and just let my hand run up Winnie's back, the shirt being tugged up with it. I pause as I take in the sight of her being in my clothes. 

I liked it a little too much.

Footsteps could be heard and just from that alone gave me an idea that it wasn't just one person here. I glanced between the girl, still asleep against me, and the door which was only barely closed. Making a quick decision, I pull the shirt down and bring the blanket up and around her. I ease myself from under her and watch as she turns to instead bury her head into the comforter that I wrapped around her. I gently tugged my shirt from within her grasp and smiled as she frowns slightly in her sleep.

I make my way to the bathroom to piss before washing my hands and my face, ultimately wiping away most of the sleep. Brushing my teeth, I peek in to make sure she is still asleep. Silently do a cheer of victory as I make my way to the door, having successfully allowed her to continue to sleep while I keep the intruders entertained before they get too nosy.

"Who wants to go up and get Cade? He's probably exhausted, but I think if he doesn't talk to Winnie today then things might not go over well." Linc says as there's some shuffling happening in my kitchen. I roll my eyes at their reasons for being here as if I wouldn't have fixed it at some point with Winnie when I had her alone on the ride back.

"What if they already patched things up?" Sierra asks, which surprises me a little. She usually isn't around much due to work but maybe she took time off for her mom and the wedding. As I make it to the last step, I cringe at the creak it makes and pause as the kitchen goes silent. But Rosco, being the hero he is, rushes through to the kitchen which allows for the conversation to start up again.

"Can you really picture T being able to successfully fix things with Winnie in just a car ride home?" Jules mumbles around the food that she stuffed into her mouth. Probably my food too. I glare as I continue my path to the kitchen, slowing down slightly to try and eavesdrop a little more before I get bombarded when I walk in.

"Jules, I don't think he's that hopeless." Sierra sighs out as I hear a spoon scraping a bowl, "Besides she seemed like she was still somewhat into him from the way she responded to him while a little under the influence."

"A little under the influence." I hear Knox scoff out around his own mouthful of cereal.

These fuckers are all eating my food.

"She was dancing with Kyle." Seb laughs out as he slaps his hand against the counter, "Did you see Kyle's face when Cade grabbed ahold of his shoulder?"