❁~-----------❥----------❥-

The room was quiet except for Julianna's soft sobs as she clung to a guy who looked a lot like Theo. He must've been one of her other brothers. The main family and friends were huddled close while distant family lingered at the edges of the room, whispering amongst themselves.

As soon as we made it past the doorway, eyes were on us all over again. Guess they didn't forget. I tried my best to not acknowledge them as I pressed further into Theo's side. Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves as we grew closer to the main group.

"Winnie," Parker stood, his eyes on me. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

I send him a small smile, "We're good, Parker." He doesn't look satisfied with that, but refrains from saying anything as there's a slight shuffle as people try to grasp things.

"Um," We turn to face a server standing at the entrance, "Would you still like us to go through with the main courses for everyone? We can begin here shortly if you'd like?" He looks around a bit unsure of who he should be discussing this with.

"Go ahead. We'll settle down now. Can we get something to start us off and some wine as well?" Theo steps in for Julianna. The server nods before asking Theo if he'd like to look over their wine menu. Theo kisses my head, whispering that he'll be back in a second as he heads to server to look it over.

"So," I turn back to everyone, "Congrats on the wins. I really loved watching them, although I think it might be different in person." I start, attempting to ease the tension. I could see the other relatives begin to take their seats, stealing glances at us.

I walk to the main table and pull a chair out, not really feeling like I wanted to remain standing. I was starving and had a little bit of a headache occurring, so I hoped that we'd get something soon.

The others hesitated, but they began to sit too. A chair beside me was pulled out, I turned to see Lincoln unbuttoning his jacket before draping it over the back of his seat. He sat down with Sierra sitting on his opposite. The other seat next to me remained empty, probably for Theo.

"So, Winnie." Lincoln sends me a smile, "I heard a rumor about you throwing around hockey terms." I blush as I realized Theo must've spilled the beans.

"Maybe." I tilt my head a little, "Not a whole lot. Just words I picked up on."

He chuckles, "On Tuesday, we should get you a seat behind one of the goals," He winks, "Heard you might have developed a love for a certain netminder."

I laugh, like really laugh. It felt so good. I was thankful that Lincoln had decided to discuss this instead of the major elephant in the room. It was a wonderful contrast from the two men who sat across from us, both silently waiting for their turn to talk to me.

"Wow, Winnie." Knox scoffs, causing me to turn to him. "I thought you'd be a die hard Campbell fan. I'm the one who takes them out. All he does is block a couple of pucks, big deal." I roll my eyes, but smile at him. He smiles back and leans a little towards me, "My mom," He nods in the direction of a lady who is sat next to Theo's parents, "She made those donuts specifically for you. If you want more then you'll have to cheer really loud for me, got it?" He smirks as I nod immediately.

"Count it as a done deal. Her donuts are absolutely the best I've ever had. I'll even make you a sign." A laugh bellows out of him and this catches his mom's attention who calls his full name, chastising him for being too loud at the table. He just throws her a grin and I can't help but feel extremely happy seeing their relationship in action.

The chair beside me scrapes against the ground as Theo places himself down in it, his hand coming to my thigh to stop the bouncing that I hadn't noticed before. "If you're making a sign, it better be for me." He gives me a pointed look and I wink which takes him off guard, but a small smirk plays at his lips as he softly pinches the skin above my knee. "Be good." He whispers as he presses a kiss to my cheek.