1

"Just put on the green one" Eloise says tired of me changing my outfit for the fifth time today. "It's just a dinner" She says rolling her eyes.

"Just a dinner" I say opening my mouth in shock. I put my hands on my hips "It's a date with the handsomest man I've ever known" I say smiling. Eloise just laughs at me. I get it I really like this man and sometimes it can sound as if I am really obsessed. Well I am, most of the time.

"He is not handsome" Eloise says and I just roll my eyes.

I put on the green dress, some makeup and put my hair in a high ponytail.
Its almost 8 pm now and I  can hear the car pull up outside. I look out the window and see Jayden  waiting for me. I scream out of joy. "Could you get out already" Eloise says eyes closed. I really didn't let her sleep at all today. Poor thing. I give her a kiss on her forehead "bye little one" I say then leave the room.

As i walk down the stairs Alex catches me. "Where are you going young lady" He says smiling. Alex is my old brother he's 26. He has for as long as I can remember always made me and my sister smile. Not once has he ever hurt anyone because he wants too. Only when father forces him.

I don't want to lie to Alex but at the same time I feel embarrassed to tell him that I'm going out with a guy. "Eee...out with some friends" I say trying to sound calm but when he smiles I know I've failed. "Oh right... that's why there's a man standing outside picking you up, you can't fool me Amelia" He comes and hugs me and I give him a nervous smile as I walk out the front door. "Have fun" he yells after me.

I mean I've known Jayden for a long time but recently I have started to feel something for him. More than friendship. And today he wanted to take me on a date.

Jayden really is handsome. He has blonde hair with the bluest eyes. He is in his car waiting for me to get in.

We are driving to a restaurant. I don't know which one but he said he would surprise me. Im happy to have him, really. He takes good care of me. "Where are we going" I say.
"You'll see soon" He says looking at me with a smile.

We talk the whole ride and when we arrive it's this big sushi restaurant.

We step out the car and start walking. "I'm sooo hungry" I say as I hook my arm in his. He looks down at me and our eyes meet. "You'll love this place"

It's 10 pm and we had a good time. I really needed this. We haven't done something like this for ages. The waitress comes with the check. "Would you like to pay together or separately" She asks. Jayden answers "separately"

Oh...

We pay and head home. "I had so much fun thanks for tonight" I say stepping out of the car. He steps out too walking up to me. We face each other. "Me too" he says as he leans down. And we kiss. My hands panic I don't know where to put them. It's slow and soft. It's easier than I thought "Want to head to my place instead" he asks breaking the kiss.

"I would if it weren't for the house rules" I say laughing. "Nobody leaves the house after 11 pm" I say imitating my fathers voice. We both laugh and say good night. I walk into my and Eloise room. She's sleeping thank god. I have to be so quiet to not wake her up.

Im finally in bed. Thinking about our kiss as I fall to sleep.

***

We are all sitting at the table. Me, mom, Alex and Eloise. Dad is gone for work. He's been gone a lot lately and that's for the best. He's scary when he is here with us.

Suddenly Alex says smirking "How was the kiss". I get so embarrassed and he knows it. I hit him with my arm from under the table. "WHAT! Did you guys kiss" Eloise says all happy. "No" i say "stop making it a big deal"

Mom smiles too but doesn't say much abut it. She's a very quiet woman but loves and cares for her family. "It is a BIG deal Amelia, it's your first kiss" Eloise keeps going like a 10 year old. She is 14. "Oh my god" I say as I get up and put my plate in the sink. "How was it!" My brother shouts as I walk up the stairs to my room. "Fantastic!" I shout back at him. And they all laugh.

***
Hours pass by when Eloise and I talk about our lives. And suddenly the doorbell rings. We jump out our beds and head downstairs. Mom opens the door and there stands father. He's grown older since last time. Everyone stands in place as we just say "hey father" I guess we're all terrified right now.

"Oh! I've missed you all so much, how's my family?" He says stepping inside. "Never been better" I say sarcastically to him as we all walk inside.

We all take a seat in the living room. "How has the trip been honey?" Mother asks father.

"Fine there's a lot I'm dealing with now." He pauses and looks at me "Amelia we need to talk later." He says giving me a smirk. How I hate this man. Nothing good could ever come out his mouth.

So thoughts on the first chapter? Do we like it or nah? Any advice you would like to give?