49

~Ezra~

They allow visitors now. So I've been spending my time in her room. She hasn't moved or woken up yet and it's quite scary not knowing when she will wake up. But I've been keeping myself busy. I did some of Amelias homework for school so she won't be behind everyone when she wakes up.

I walk over and take a seat beside her bed as I grab her hand. I rub her hand with my thumb as I watch her perfectly sculpted face. "Today Mia came and checked on you, she even brought a milkshake for you, I don't know how long those last outside but it's over there waiting for you when you wake up" I say pointing at the cup beside her table.

"I finished your math homework so you don't have to worry about that." I say watching her sleep. My head drop as tears fall down my face.
"I really need you love" I say my voice shaky.
"It's like I'm incapable of doing anything without you, my heart is aching" I say crying even more.

Suddenly a small voice calls my name. I look up to Amelia slowly opening her eyes. "Amelia" is all I am able to get out as I kiss her hand. Thank god she woke up. She spots me crying. And slowly she lets go of my hand and brings it to my face. Her hand lays on my cheek as her thumb wipes my tears. I lean into her hand taking in her touch. I've missed this.
"I thought you would di...die" I say standing up and planting a kiss on her forehead. "I promised to never leave you remember?" She says keeping her promise. I can't help but smile now. She is back. My angel.

"Wait here I need to get the doctors" I say running to the door and tell the nurse Amelia has woken up.

***

The doctor talks with Amelia about how she's feeling and checking that everything works.
"Alright you seem fine and everything works properly, your wound will heal with time so you guys can check out whenever you want" the doctor says making me smile. When everyone leaves the room I don't know what to do. Where to touch her. Maybe it hurts.
I just look at her. She slowly stands up by herself. She's the strongest person I know.
"Come here" she says opening her arms for me. I hug her making her feel safe.

"I'm so sorry everything happened, I should've been able to protect you, it was all my fault." I say blaming myself. I haven't even been able to find out who the fuck did this. "Ezra of course it wasn't your fault, I'm fine now. I'm here, can we just for today talk about good things " she says hugging me tighter. I don't know how she does it. To just be happy all the time. To know how to make me feel better.

She then tilts her head up to look at me. "Wait we got engaged" she says out of joy almost forgetting that i proposed. I smile as I nod. "OMG we really did!" She yells.

"You can't even understand how much I've missed you, all of you" I say my heart pounding fast. She still makes me nervous. "Oh is that so" she teases looking at the ring on her finger. "Mhm" i nod smiling pulling her a lot closer.

"I don't think you did, I bet you didn't even think about me, I'm just not that important to you" she keeps joking making me laugh.
Right when she is about to talk again I press my lips against hers. She gets surprised and pauses to smile against my lips then continues to kiss me.

I pull away slightly. "Ready to go home?" I ask wanting to get out of this miserable hospital. She nods then continues to talk about how she has to call Alex and Mia.

I drive us to my house. I can finally take a relived breath for the first time in days. "Ezra?" Amelia's sweet voice calls. My name has never sounded better. "Yes, love" I say as we step inside the house. "Do you know who did this?" She asks scared.

And I wish I had an answer. I haven't been able to focus on who it was yet. But when I find the shooter they better be prepared. "No, but I promise you, I will make them pay for this even if it is the last thing I do!" I say clenching my fists.