33

The men walk down first to protect us. Holding our guns tight in our hands we go down the staircase. We are like 10 people here and well prepared so I have no doubt we will lose.

I see a door and follow the guys as they step inside a room. This is not like a cozy room I don't even know if I want to call it that. It's more like a big basement. So fucking big. I look around and suddenly I see him.

Ezra.

Chains holding him up. The chains go into the roof and he hangs there so bruised. His face is bleeding so much I don't know if he's alive. His head hangs low watching the floor. He only has pants on and I now see all the blood dripping down his chest. So many cuts.

I can't stand this anymore. I rush forward, run to him. But a gunshot stops me in place.
"Stay where you are" that voice says. Ezra gives no reaction to any sound. I stand still but keep my eyes on him. Please look up.

Like a shadow father steps out another door with so many men surrounding him.

"What do you think of my fun little game?" he says and laughs for himself. Evil fucking laugh.

"Ezra" I yell his name not answering father. A slight movement. He's breathing. Thank god. "Don't worry he isn't dead" father says pointing the gun at me.
"Come here and I will free him." He says and I start to walk towards him. "Amelia don't" Alex yells. Fuck he wasn't supposed to talk. Father thinks he's killed everyone except me but now that he knows Alex is alive he will kill him too.

"Can it be" father says smiling. "No, no it's only me" I say looking back at my team. Adan looks terrified. "I want to free Ezra myself, it's the last thing I want please" I say looking at father. I stop walking to them to get an answer.

"Oh common girl just get your ass here" father says tired I'm still alive. I wonder how he will kill me. Maybe torture.

"It's my last wish father" I say. He then gives a quick smile. "Go ahead then free him then take his place" he says.

Without a doubt I rush to Ezra. I don't know where to touch him. What if it hurts. Slowly I take his face in my hands. "Ezra" I whisper. His eyes moves to mine. Relief. He lets out a relieved breath.  "I'm here" i whisper.

"I'm sorry" he tries to say but struggles.
"Alright I need you to trust me now, we have a plan" I say taking the chains off of his hands.
I hold his body up so that he can stand on his feet. He has a hard time breathing. "Your alright" I say wiping a tear that rolls down my face.

"You guys disgust me" father says. I look at him my face contorted with rage. A second later I yell "NOW!" 

Windows break as people jump inside to protect Ezra. Gunshots are everywhere. And somehow I knew we needed more people, I made Adan call the team and bring about 20 more people here. A thank god I did. The team is surrounding them so fast they have no chance in getting away. Father and his men drop everything and puts their hands in the air. Ezra starts to walk toward them. Mad. So fucking mad.

His hand goes to my gun that is under my jacket. He grabs it and holds me close. Still he barely breathes. What did they do to him. It's hard seeing him like this. He's never lost. And he won't today.

He walks forward and people make way for him. "I will haunt you every night, remember this Amelia, I will destroy everything you love..." before father can finish Ezra throws him to the ground. Placing his foot on my fathers chest. "And you remember this" Ezra speaks. "Nobody is coming to save you. You put her through hell and now it's your turn, burn in hell you sick fuck!" Ezra screams before shooting him everywhere. I look away as I hear him scream. I never thought this day would come. "I will make you scream like this in hell, see you there old man" Ezra says before shooting one last time. And the screaming stops.

I thought it was impossible. My legs go weak as I fall to the floor. Ezra looks at me and rushes to get down to the floor with me. I look him in the eyes. "Thank you" I cry. He did what I never could. Mom and Eloise can rest now. Knowing we did it.

I stand up with Ezra and wipe my tears away. Adan comes to help us. He grabs Ezra by the arm and holds him tight. "You good brother?" Adan asks concerned. Even if they are not real brothers, and even if Ezra keeps pushing Adan away they will always stay together because they need each other. Ezra gives Adan a nod and a slight smile. Even if his lip is busted.

I look back and see Alex watching fathers body. "Take Ezra to the car" I tell Adan as I walk to Alex.

I slowly place my hand on his shoulder. And watch the dead body in front of us. "We are free" Alex says trying to hold him self together. "We really are" I say hugging him.

"Let's get out of here" I say and he nods. I walk out of the place I once called home. That has now turned to be my worst nightmare. I step inside the car Ezra is in. Adan drives and I sit in the back with Ezra.

Ezra takes my hand and places his fingers between mine. They fit perfectly. I close my eyes to feel him. He kisses my hand. His soft lips on my skin makes me shiver.
"I thought you were dead" I say now looking at him. I can now let my tears fall. "I could never leave you like that." He mumbles.

"Even when dying I could only think about you love" he says giving my forehead a kiss.
"I've never been scared to die, but I was terrified by the thought of loosing you. I just couldn't die because that would mean I never could see you again" he says making me cry even more. He always says he's not good with expressing himself. But I can see how much he has changed.

"I have something to live for now" he says and I kiss him so hard. His hands go to my face kissing me like we haven't kissed in years. I accidentally place my hand on his chest. "Ah" he moans out of pain. "I'm so sorry did it hurt" I say looking down his bare chest. Fuck I hurt him. I should've known better. I know how much it hurts if the scars are fresh. I kiss his hand apologizing. "I'm so sorry" I say.

"I'm fine" he says. "No you are not" I say because he is not fine and can't pretend to be.

"Alright love birds we are home now" Adan says looking back at us from the mirror smiling. Ezra's eyes remains on me.

We finally found our man! Anyone missed him?

You guys are just the best! I've received so much love in the comments lately, so I thought you guys deserved to get another chapter this week.
And holy shit we are up at 23K that is crazy! Love you guys <3