43

"Are you insane!" Mia yells. "No freaking way I'm not going to support you in this Amelia" she adds.

"Please I need you to trust me on this, I know it's right" I say but she shakes her head. "Do you know how many times I've seen this man hurt you! Gosh you make me so mad sometimes" she says. I get what she is telling me. No one would want to see their friend getting hurt but I'm doing this for me. Everything in me says this is right. "It's so not worth it, you keep hurting yourself by making wrong choices, so I'm telling you this will not end well" she says.

"Me and Ezra are just friends nothing more, i know my worth and will not let him in until I'm sure" I say.

"Oh my god Lia you are giving me heart attacks here" she says grabbing onto her chest. I walk up to her and grab her hands. "Please, please, pleeeesee I need you to support me on this" I say like a toddler wanting candy. She laughs but I can't tell if it's a happy laugh or angry.

"Fine! But remember if this goes wrong I did warn you" she says hugging me.

"I love you so much" I say then run to my phone to put on some music.

***

"Want to grab milkshakes later?" Ezra asks on the phone.

"As friends of course" I say making it clear it's not a date. Just a way to be better friends. I like this new friend thing.

"Right...picking you up at 6pm" he says and I hung up. It's all like a dream. I never thought we would talk ever again but here we are.
I'm still mad at him but I know this is something we can get through. I just need time.

I get ready for Ezra to pick me up. I put on a short skirt and a cute white top. I then grab my sneakers and put them on to go outside.

There he stands. He is leaned against the car with his hands in his pockets. His eyes follow me walking towards him. "Wow" he says watching me. "You look..." he can't find any words.

"Stunning like always" I say finishing the sentence for him. We laugh as he nods in agreement. He opens the door for me then goes on the other side to get in too. He drives me to a cafe. We step inside and it's so cozy in here. The earthy tones making it a home feeling.

We take seats at a empty table. "It's so beautiful here" I say to the lady who works here. She smiles back and I turn to the menu. "So what are you having?" I ask looking at all the options. "I don't know I don't drink milkshakes" Ezra says.

"What! Why would you pick this place if you don't drink them" I say confused. Who doesn't like milkshakes. It's the best thing in life.

"I know you like them" he says.

"Alright should we just pick something for each other then? it'll be fun" I say already knowing what shake I'm giving him. He nods and we order.

When our milkshakes arrive we taste them. "Mmm what is it?" Ezra asks. I knew he would like it.
"Strawberry shortcake" I say knowing how good it tastes. It's a basic but always a hit. "I guess mines Oreo" I say sipping at it. It tastes so fucking good. I think this might be a new favorite. "Yup, like it?" He asks.

"It's so good here taste it" I say giving him a sip. "Woah it was really good" he says smiling.

"Your hair has gotten longer" I then say locking at his black hair. "I haven't been able to take care of myself a lot lately" he says looking so tired. Has he even been sleeping. "How are you Ezra?" I ask. I care about him and I would not want him to feel bad. He doesn't know what to say. "I'm fine." He says, not so convincing. I don't want to push him so I let it be for now. I know how much he hates talking about his feelings. He will tell me when he wants.

"Alright but you seriously need that haircut" I say making us both laugh.

"You want to cut it?" He asks. I give him a afraid look. "Me! I know nothing about hair" I say. I once cut Eloise hair when we were little and it ended up in disaster. Eloise couldn't stop crying.

"I trust you" he says so genuine. I stare into his eyes. Nope can't be doing that. Friends. Stay friends I remind myself.

Suddenly three men fling the door open. They are armed and look around to find someone. Fuck.

Ezra turns to me. "Get down" He whispers as we move to hide behind the counter. One of the men shoots at the ceiling to scare the people in here.

The sweet lady yells out of fear. "Stop!" She says. Ezra pulls out his gun. "Amelia I want you to take the back door outside, get away fast" he says as he starts shooting at the men.

I have nothing on me. I am no use unless I find a weapon so I run out. Shit. Why does this keep happening. Can't we just have one good day. I run to the car to see if he has any more weapons. Fuck it's locked. I can't let him die not now. What do I do. I panic.

I spot Ezra leading one of the guys towards the car. He has his gun against his back forcing him to move forward. The other two are shot. "Thank god" I whisper under my breath. Ezra looks furious. His jaw clenches as he knocks the man down to the floor. He's on his knees begging Ezra to stop. "Who the fuck sent you" he demands. When the man doesn't answer Ezra hits him in the face. "I'm not giving you another chance" he says with so much rage. It's scary knowing this side of him. A side he usually doesn't show me.

The man cries out of fear. "Okey I'm going to tell you, but please don't kill me I have kids and family. I needed the money to feed my family" he begs. "Your father sent us to kill... her" he says turning to look at me.

"You fuckers" Ezra says aiming the gun at him. What is he doing. "Ezra don't kill him, it's not his fault" I say stepping closer to him. "He was going to kill you" Ezra says breathing hard. "He has family" I say slowly placing my hand on the gun. He releases it and I take it from him. I can't let this man die because he needed money. He probably has hungry children waiting for him to come home. It isn't fair to kill him just because he had no other choice.

I breathe out in relief. "If I ever see your face again I will shoot you" Ezra says giving him a chance to get away. The man is gone in seconds. "Let's get you home" he says.

"No, there is one thing I want to do first" I say. He looks at me confused.
"I want to talk to your dad" I say. Ezra does not like that I can tell.

Sorry for not posting much last week. I have a lot going on in school but I try my best to keep up with the writing!

Anyways hope you guys liked this chapter<3