45

"Can we talk?"

I've been staring at my phone for the past hour not knowing what to say or do. I do want to talk to him yes, but at the same time can I trust him? He literally tried to kill me a few days ago.

I know I have to face him either way because we go to the same school. It's honestly so scary how someone can flip their emotions so quickly. Kai was ready to marry me, he even told me he loved me...but then in seconds he tried shooting me because of his reputation. Ezra would never do that to me. Even when I embarrassed him in front of hundreds of mafias he still made sure I was feeling fine.

I decide to text Kai back.
"Tomorrow at lunch?" I write and send. Since we will see each other at school we have to sort this out. He can't make me his enemy. We were so good before all of this happened and I hope in a weird way we can become friends again.

***

Alex drops me off at school and I make my way inside. I go to my first class. It's all about Mrs Morris talking about how to solve X. I hate math.

When the lesson ends I walk out to find  Kai but see that he's already waiting for me outside. I pause where I am. Scared to move. He sees my fear and tells me "I won't hurt you"

I give him a nod and we walk outside to talk about it all. We find an empty bench and sit down.

I don't know what to say so I wait for him to start this conversation. "I'm so sorry for what I did that day" he starts.

I don't dare to meet his eyes. "The Kai I thought I knew would never try to hurt me" I say.

His head drops. "I know, I don't know what got into me, I really did love you" he says.

"Someone who love doesn't do shit like that" I snap sounding more harsh.

"I swear it was all my father, he told me I put shame on our family and I don't know why I cared but it was all a big mistake" he says sounding genuine. I do believe him. I know from experience how much family affects people.

"I will give you a second chance, but never do something like that ever again" I say sounding unsure of my decision.
He nods. "I would like that" he says with a slight smile on his face.

We chat for a while before the bell rings and I have to go to my next class. None of my classes was with Kai today which was pretty nice actually. It gave me time to think.
But if Ezra deserved a chance Kai does too.

I get home and study some more before Mia shows up knocking on my bedroom door. "How did you get in" I ask surprised she is here.

"Your brother let me in" she says getting comfortable on my bed. "I'm happy your here and I force you to stay til dinner" I say as she nods.

I tell Mia about today and she thinks I made a terrible choice. But like what was I supposed to do he looked so miserable.
"Dinneeeeer!" Alex yells from the kitchen. We head to the table and take seats. "The food looks amazing" Mia says taking in the smell.

Alex has got us a maid to cook food every day and it's honestly been so much easier. She makes amazing food.

"How has your day been" Alex asks Mia. We both get quite shocked because they always fight when they get together. Mia makes a quick laugh then starts to tell a story about a guy she saw today.
"And then he winked at me! Like what does that mean?" she says happy. "Obviously he likes you, you should flirt back" I say while taking bites of my food.

"He's was so fine! But I don't think I have a chance on him, I mean you guys haven't seen the girls he hangs out with, they are literally models" she says.