52

We've been planning a lot for the wedding these past few days.
Ezra is stressed. I can tell that by the way he's answering my questions. Almost like he doesn't want to tell me.

I knock on his office door. "Come in" he says from inside.
He's doing work. "Yes love?" He asks looking down at some papers. "Is there something wrong?" I ask. I've known him for so long now I know when something is wrong.
"No just work" he answers. I roll my eyes.
"Ezra I'm tired of you keeping things from me, so tell me now" I say crossing my arms.

He sighs now looking at me. "Alright..."

"People are asking to join to our wedding, I don't even know how they got the news" he says rubbing his forehead. "What people?" I ask.

"It's my aunt and her family. They are... strange people. But they insist on coming and has already brought flight tickets" he says not wanting any of them to come.

How terrible could they be?

"Maybe this is something good? Well if they are coming we should get their  rooms ready" I say ready to meet the guests. "Amelia you don't get it, they can be really mean and will bring out a side of me I do not like." He says scared that he could do something he will regret. "I promise to be by your side at any time, besides there is nothing that could ruin our wedding" I say as he lets out a relieved breath and nods in agreement.

A small head peaks through the door crying. "Aww he wants to join us" I say crouching down to Dexes level as he walks towards me wagging his tail.
Dex jumps up on Ezra's leg. Ezra gives it some annoyed pets on the head. "Alright get down now" he says but of course Dex doesn't listen, he's after all just a puppy.

"He's not listening" Ezra says. "Well you have to teach him first" I say laughing. I just know they will become best friends.
Ezra sighs as he gets back in his chair.
"Alright I'm going to get the rooms ready for our guest, love you" I say blowing a kiss at Ezra.
"Wait get the dog!" He yells as I run out closing the door. Forcing them to bond with each other.

I help the maids as we get the rooms ready. I really hope this family is nothing like Ezra's father. I want to make a good impression and show them that me and Ezra are good for each other.

An hour later I go back to Ezra's office. But as I make my way there I can hear Ezra talking to Dex. I put my ear to the door, listening. "Sit" he says.
"No, not jump. Hey Dex sit" Ezra says. I smile knowing I've succeeded in bonding the two.

"Good boy" Ezra says as I open the door. Ezra is seated on his chair with Dex looking up at him. "I see you two have gotten closer" I say smiling. "Well if he's going to stay he has to behave" Ezra says. I look at dex still seated in front of Ezra. Awww.
"You two are the cutest" I say making Ezra shake his head smiling.

"I'm not cute Amelia" he says standing up to walk towards me. He stops in front of me. "Not nearly as cute as you look when blushing" he says smiling down at me.
"Oh okey handsome are you trying to flirt with me?" I say jokingly as if we aren't getting married next week.
He smiles against my lips as he kisses me.

***

Is the food ready I ask Ezra, he nods. He hasn't seen his aunts family in 2 years and I can sense that he is nervous. But as always looks cold and serious on the outside. The doorbell rings. "Let's get this over with" Ezra says then opens the door. A gorgeous lady steps inside. Smiling. She has a big fur jacket in black with bright red lipstick. She looks powerful. "Oh my dear Ezra how have you been" she says hugging him. "I've been great auntie Gia" Ezra answers as the rest of the family steps inside. Three boys I would guess two of them to be older than me. And then there is a little one behind the bigger brothers. He looks unsure of what to do and hides behind his brothers.

"Ezra long time no see" the older brother says. They all greet each other.
"Take my coat" Gia says holding the  coat out for me. Well I guess she thought I was the maid. But I take the coat to be polite and hold it as I put my hand in the air for her to shake it.
"It's so nice to meet you I'm Amelia, Ezra's soon to be wife" I say as she looks me up and down. Giving me a fake smile. "Really? Oh, well nice to meet you" she says then walks farther into our house not even shaking my hand.

What the heck was that. I mean Ezra did warn me but she didn't have to be so obvious about not liking me.
As I'm about to put my hand back down somebody else grabs it and shakes it. "I'm Lorenzo biggest brother of the family. Wow Ezra I never knew she was this beautiful" he says as I give Lorenzo a sweet smile. "Oh that's so nice of you, I'm happy to finally meet you guys" I say.

"This is my little brother Romeo and my youngest Antonio" Lorenzo says as Romeo steps forward to shake my hand. "Lovely to meet you" he says giving a light kiss on my hand. "Oh gentlemen aren't we" I say laughing. Ezra stands beside me shaking his head. "Stop being so extra Romeo" Ezra says. "I'm always extra don't you know me" Romeo says.

The last boy walks shyly up to me. "Hi I'm Antonio nice to meet you" he says as I give him a hug. "How old are you Antonio. "7" he says. "Well you are the most adorable kid I've ever seen" I say as Antonio smiles blushing.
He grabs Lorenzo's hand and we all walk to the dining table all together. Gia is already seated. "I'm starving the trip was so long" she says as everyone takes their seats.

"You know this house feels nothing the same without my brother Kendrick." She says. "He's in a better place now" she adds as I laugh under my breath.
That man is rotting in hell.
"Mother please don't bring up the dead" Lorenzo says taking a bite of his food. Thank you someone said it.

"How was your trip?" I ask for some conversations.
"Oh hun is this how you were taught, you do not speak until Ezra tells you to" she says shaking her head in disappointment. Ezra clenches his fists ready to fight back. But I grab his hand and give him a 'it's okey' look. I don't want to start a fight. It's not worth it. They won't be here for long anyways. I keep quiet as the others keeps talking.

"Lorenzo put your phone down, your always on it" Romeo says.
"Ugh and your always on my nerves" Lorenzo says putting down his phone.

***

"Ezra I want to talk to you about something" Gia says giving me a glare. I guess she wants me to go so I stand up. "Antonio why don't you come with me I have a surprise upstairs" I say as Antonio gets exited. He jumps off of his chair and grabs my hand. We walk upstairs letting them talk alone.

"Do you like dogs" I ask. He nods. "Mhm. But my mom doesn't" he says scared of what she will say.
"Well I have a sweet little puppy that would love to meet you! Want to meet him?" I say. He looks unsure. "What if mom gets angry" he says not wanting to do something that might piss his mom off.

"Oh don't worry I will tell your mom and she won't be angry" I say as he smiles. I open my bedroom door and Dex is so happy to have company. He starts to lick Antonio's face. "He likes me" he says petting him. I nod as we stay upstairs playing with Dex.