5

It's been 1 week here already and I've never been more bored in my life. They got me a TV which I'm thankful for but watching Netflix all week I feel like I've wasted so much time. School has been the same. Jayden hasn't talked to me once and I've not tried to either.

My friends won't talk to me since the incident with Ezra and Jayden. They are all scared of him. And I get that they are I would be too. I don't know who to blame. Like he has never known to be anything else. He was born into a family where he had no say in what he wanted. This is the only way he has ever known to be. I don't blame him for how he's become. But I hate the way he's talking to me. How he decides what I can do and not.

At lunch I go and sit beside a group of people I've never talked to but they seem nice. "Why are you here" one of the guys says. I look up to see who's talking. Tom from my class. I don't answer his question. "Shouldn't you be making your hubby dinner for tonight" he teases. I give him a disgusted look. How do the school even know about my marriage on paper. "Fuck off" I tell him. He's messing with the wrong girl.

He may be strong but he doesn't know I've been training since I was 12 and I could easily knock him to the ground in one hit. He stands up walking over to me. "What are you going to do" he really wants this fight. I don't answer and take a bite out of my sandwich.

He places his hand on my shoulder "what the fuck are you going to do!" He says louder this time. In a blink of an eye I turn around standing, my fist meets his nose.
He falls to the floor screaming. "My nose it's broken!" He screams as blood runs.
I walk away when a girl yells at me. "What is your problem! Nobody will be your friend now that's for sure"

And she is right. No one will want to hang out with me now. Great now the whole school hates me. Sometimes I wish I was not in the mafia. But you don't get to pick, we are born into this. We deal with things differently.
I call Ezra to pick me up earlier today. He comes right away.

I get into the car when he arrives trying to hide the tears rolling down my face. I wipe them off fast. But fail when Ezra takes my chin with his hand and turns my face to him. "Who made you cry?" He asks clenching his fists. "I gave him what he deserved" I say but that isn't enough for him. "What's his name"

"Tom" I let out as he lets go of my chin. "What did he do" Ezra demands. He is scary so I decide to just tell him before he starts to get angry.

"Stop crying, it's not worth it." he says and I wipe my tears because he is right. So what if the school hates me. "Can I please go see my siblings and mom?" I ask. He hesitates but finally a nod. First time he actually listens to me.

He pulls up in front of my home. "I'll be here" he says and I run up to ring the doorbell. I hope dad is not home. Mom opens the door. "Oh Amelia" she comes up and hugs me. My mom is a sensitive woman and cries almost at everything. That's why father finds her weak and cheats on her with other women.

She doesn't deserve this but has to do as he says. "Is Alex and Eloise home?" I ask exited. Her smile fades a little. I know something's wrong. "What?" I ask worried.

"He did some awful things to..." I don't let her finis as I run inside to Eloise. She's laying in her bed sleeping. I sit beside her. Stroking her hair. "Amelia?" She questions. "Yes I'm here" I say as she tries to move but I see her struggle.

He has fucking touched her. "Amelia I can't move, it hurts" she cries. I wish I could take her place. To make her pain go away. "I won't let him touch you again" I assure her that this will be the one and only time someone will ever do this to her.

She cries in my arms. I try to hold my tears as I hug her. Shortly she falls back asleep.

I walk out to find Alex in the living room. His face in his hands. "Alex"
He goes up to hug me so tight. "I couldn't stop it" he says and this might be the first time I've ever seen him cry. We sit back down on the couch. "I want you to promise me what ever happens you won't let him touch her again. Alex she can't live like we did" I tell him. He nods at every word.

"It won't happen again" he wipes his tears. "Is he home" I ask scared of the answer. "No"

Relief is what goes through my body. "Promise me to defend her in every way"

"I promise"

"Someday it's his turn to burn in hell" I tell him and he nods. "How are you?"

"I'm good I go to school as usual and Ezra gets me home everyday. I get food and a great bed don't worry about me" I say making him feel a little better.
Ezra calls me meaning it's my time to leave. I hug my brother and mother one last time before I go.

I get in Ezra's car and we drive off. He's quiet for a wile but breaks the silence. "Just so you know there will be a ball in one week, everyone expects us to be there. I do not want to attend but we have to make it seem like this is a normal marriage for my reputation." He says I think for a moment. A ball. Sounds like more fun that sitting in my room for a week. "Sure I can fake a happy marriage" I say.

Eloise I'm so sorry😭how do you like my book so far?