48

~Ezra~

"Amelia stay with me" I yell as blood is all over my hands. She has lost so much blood. Her dress has turned red. "Keep your eyes open love" I say pressing my jacket onto her wound. My guards surround us to protect.

Tears fill my eyes as I try to keep Amelia alive. "Call the fucking ambulance" I yell as I pick Amelia up in my arms. She can't die. Please god don't take her from me.

She closes her eyes not able to answer me anymore. "Amelia! Open your eyes!" I yell again but no answer. I cry running outside with her in my arms. "Please open your eyes" I beg.

The ambulance arrives in a second and I put her in the ambulance car.
"Help her!" I yell at the doctors. They start to put things on her.
"Fucking do something!" I yell as Adan holds me back. They all move fast passing each other stuff to put on Amelia. "Ezra we have to get in the car and follow them" Adan says.
I see the ambulance doors close and I throw myself into Adans car. He follows the ambulance to the hospital.
"She'll be fine I'm sure" Adan says trying to calm me down. "I won't live without her Adan! I can't!" I say so fucking scared.

When we arrive at the hospital they put Amelia on a bed. I run up to her and follow her as they push her bed forward. I grab her hand and kiss it so many times. Her eyes are closed and I can't tell if she even is breathing. It's all so scary. I have to let go of her as the doctors push her bed into the emergency room. I look at her one last time before the doors close.

My breathing becomes so heavy as I realize what could happen to her. I take a seat on a chair waiting in front of the door. I sit here and cry as I can do nothing to help. I feel so fucking useless. How could I let this happen. It's all my fault. I am going to find the one who shot her and make him pay. I just need to know Amelia is alive.
I need my angel back.

Adan comes rushing up to me. He puts his palm on my back. "Is she alive?" He asks as if I would know. I don't know what to respond so I let even more tears fall. "Brother you have to get yourself together. We still need you, and if Amelia..." I stop him.

"Don't you dare fucking say she's dead! I give zero shits about the others" I say.

It's been 2 hours and I haven't moved. Adan has been with me for a long time now. "Ezra maybe we should get you home it doesn't seem like they will let Amelia out tonight" he says as if it's easy to just go home and sleep.

"I'm not leaving this place until she gets out of there" I say pointing at the door she went through. "You can go home, I want to be alone" I say and so he does. I'm all alone now. Just me and my thoughts. I have never experienced this pain. It's like someone is squeezing my heart, killing me slowly. I close my eyes but the sight of her blood makes me not want to close them again. I can't sleep, I won't sleep until I know she is fine.

***

It's almost morning and I haven't slept or moved. A lot of doctors have tried to send me home to get some sleep but I just can't leave.

The door opens and the doctor steps out. Shit. I don't even think I am breathing right now. I stand up quick. "Where is she?" I demand to know. I can't read his face.

"She is alive..."

I can't even hear a word he says after that. I breathe out almost crying out of relief. He goes on and on about some things but I pause him. "When can I see her" I ask wanting to be close to her again. "We don't take visitors yet but she will be in a room where you can watch her through the window." He says and just the thought of seeing her again is enough for now. I'm just happy she is alive.

***

It's been two days and honesty I've been surviving on coffee. I can't sleep at nights so coffee is perfect for keeping me up. I've been watching her form this small window not once leaving her side. She hasn't woken up yet but the doctors take good care of her. So I hope she will wake up soon.

Mia has visited a few times crying and honestly I don't know what to say because we are both devastated. Alex hasn't talked much but I can't imagine what he's going through. Almost loosing his sister the same year as he lost his whole family.

I believe he is a good guy and that we would work good together but I know I ruin things. He probably hates me and honestly I'm not surprised I would hate me too. But I am trying. I really am for her. I just don't know how to help.

Alex is seated a few seats away from me.
I decide it's time for me to eat something because if Amelia is going to wake up I have to be able to take care of her. I go to the hospital cafe and buy two sandwiches then walk back to where I was.

I slowly move over to Alexander and give him one of the sandwiches. He looks surprised. "You probably haven't eaten either, take it" I say as he grabs the sandwich out of my hand. "Thanks" he says. I take a seat beside him and honestly I don't even know what to say. So we sit and eat in silence. I've never really had many friends so making conversations for fun is not really my thing. Only person to stick with me was Adan. I don't even know why.

A doctor walks right up to us smiling. That must mean good right?
"Amelia is getting much better so one of you can visit her if you want" the doctor says. I stand up not realizing that Alex probably wants to be the first one to be with her. Shit if this was a year ago I wouldn't care but I'm trying to be better. I look back at Alex who's still sitting down. I close my eyes and let out a sigh. "I think it's right if you meet her first" I say knowing meeting her is all I want to do. If only Amelia could see the compromise I just made, she would be proud.

Alex makes a soft smile so shocked at my action. "Thanks man" he says nodding once. "Only five minutes" the doctor says before Alex steps inside her room.

Our girl is alive, you can take a relieved breath😮‍💨
Who do you think shot her?

Also don't forget to follow and vote for more chapters love you guys🤍