29

"I don't want you to leave" I say as Ezra stands at the door. He's going away for almost two weeks and I can't stand the fact that he's leaving. I'm worried he won't come back. "Where are you even going you haven't told me anything" I say wanting to go with him. "I'm sorry love, I can't tell you that" he says hugging me. "I'll miss you" I mumble. He kisses the top of my head then closes the door behind him.

What do I do now.

I get up to Alex he's been so much better lately. He's started to train with us and can walk and move like normal. "All good?" I ask standing at the door. "I'm feeling great" he answers. We haven't been talking much since the tragedy. I think Alex just needs more time. I try to stay positive though it all but it's harder some days. Especially when Ezra isn't around. He gets my mind off of the bad things. "Amelia I've found myself a place and move in in a couple of days just so you know" he says. "What no can't you stay here with me" I ask scared something will happen to him. "I...I can't just stay here my whole life. I want to be there for you and for that to happen I have to take care of some things, but not living here" he says walking over to hug me.

I know what he wants but he will never catch him. He wants father dead when we don't even know where he is. It's impossible to find him. I know because I've searched everywhere. I've tried calling him, tracking him, to find any type of clue but he is so good at disappearing.

"I love you kid and don't ever forget that" he says as I hug him tight. "Want any help moving" I ask.

"Nah the most of it is done. I didn't have much clothes here anyway" he says. I nod then my phone rings. I answer to Mia's voice.
"Want to get dinner right now" she asks.
"Ehm... sure" I laugh because it came so suddenly. I look at Alex who looks bored.
"That sounds perfect can I bring my brother?" I say as Alex turns to me shaking his head. Mouthing the words "I don't want to go"

"Of course he can come, meet me at the park I'll buy us food" she says and hangs up.
"Amelia why do you do this to me" he says not wanting to come.

"First of all you have to get out for some fresh air" I say smiling. He sighs but agrees to come. We take the car to the park and wait for Mia to arrive. She runs up to us.
"I'm so sorry I'm late" she says from behind out of breath. "It's fine come sit" I say and she takes a seat beside my brother, in front of me.

"Hi again" she says. "Yea hi" he says not giving her any type of reaction. Mia is always happy and talks a lot like me. And Alex is not the type to jump around of happiness. She has a very bubbly personality.

"Okey what do you guys want to eat? There is a food truck selling noodles right there" she says pointing at the car that's just a few meters away.

"I'm good with that" I say. Alex nods then stands up to go get the food.
"What do you want" he asks us.
Mia stands up to go look what they have on the menu.
"Anything really" I say because I'm so hungry. They both head to the car and order.

While I'm waiting here I turn over to look at them. Are they fighting?
Mia tries pushing Alex away from the card machine. She holds her card in her hand trying to reach over to the machine but Alex being to big and tall for her to even reach it.

They head back with the food Mia looks mad. I laugh to myself. "Your brother didn't let me pay" she says taking her seat.
"God you are so stubborn" Alex says handing my food to me.
"Am I the stubborn one here, I told Amelia on the phone I would be paying for us" she says.
I laugh out loud.
"Just eat the damn food Mia" Alex says smiling too. Sounding like they have know each other for long.

"What happened to your arm?" Mia ask after a while. I've never really told her about how our father treated us at home. She only knows we don't have a good connection with dad but that's it. Suddenly she asks about the burn marks on Alex's arm. That's usually how father was punishing my brother. He poured boiled water on his arm every time he didn't listen. He only burned the left one so that he could still use his right arm father told us.

"Oh that... I accidentally poured hot water on me once when I was little, and it left big scars" Alex says taking a bite of his food. He's always been insecure about them. I couldn't tell if Mia was looking at the bracelet mom once gave him or the scars when she whispered "beautiful"

Alex attention turns to Mia who's now turned to eat her food. Alex smiles faintly watching her.

"Where is Ezra" Mia asks curious. "Do we have to fucking bring him up?" Alex says annoyed by his name. "Alex stop it. They are not really good friends but anyways he is away for a business trip." I say.

"Oh I see so you are alone at the house then" Mia says giving me a smirking look. "No. No I promised to take care of the house and that I will do" I say but agreeing to whatever she has I mind.

"Common you got yourself a whole ass mansion" she says trying to change my mind. It does sound fun but I don't want to do anything without Ezra knowing.

"I think Mia here has a point, I'm in" Alex says. Mia jumps out of excitement. "I need to ask Ezra first" I say.

"What are you waiting for" Mia says laughing.

I call him waiting for him to pick up.

"Ezra"

"Hi love, what is it?" He asks gently. I blush at the thought of him and hope Mia and Alex doesn't notice. But they are too busy talking to each other.

"Okey so I don't really know how to ask, my friends and I want to have a small party" I say because I don't know a lot of people so it will be only a few people there. He doesn't answer right away.

"If you don't want to I won't do it" I say.

"No it's not that, I just worry about you, how many people will there be?" He asks.

"Around 10" I say.

"Alright. If anything happens or goes wrong call me and I'm on my way! And if any fucking man breathes near you I will kill them" he says.

"Don't worry Mia and Alex is with me, focus on your job so you can come home soon" I say making sure he doesn't have to worry about me. "See you soon love" he says and I hang up the phone.

"Awww your blushing" Mia says smiling.

"He said yes but only a few people, so promise me you won't bring over a lot" I say trying to change the subject even though I'm blushing hard.

"Yess this is going to be so fun" Mia says. "I agree" Alex says looking at Mia.

Two chapters in one week! I've been writing like crazy so I hope you guys like it<3

Also we are up at 5k readers how crazy! I am so thankful for all of you!🤍