38

*THREE WEEKS LATER*

I've had a lot of time thinking. Since brother took over after dad I try to help him do some work. He's been pushing himself a lot lately.

I bought a home for the first time in my life. It's pretty. Not at all what I thought I would go for when I bought my first home. It's open and has two floors. I don't use the second floor that much.

I know my brother just moved into his home but I want him here. With me. He and Mia is all that I've got now so it would be amazing if Alex would move in with me. The whole second floor would be his since I don't even use it.

He told me he would think about it so I hope that means yes.

I don't think I can ever live alone. As for now I stay at Mia's but I don't want to be a burden to her. She has her life too so I will get out of her house as soon as the payment for my house goes through. Living alone would be so much thinking, too much actually. I can't get my mind off of him. It's like he's stuck with me. Ezra.

But I am past that now. I have to get over it. This time I won't go back. He's hurt me so many times. I just hope he one day understands what he lost. Because we were everything.

I start to cook me and Mia some dinner. On today's menu I've decided to do spaghetti bolognese. It's simple and easy. "Hello girlie" Mia says stepping into her apartment giving me a hug. "Hi" I say as she takes off her shoes. "It's so freaking hot outside" she says rubbing of the sweat on her forehead. I'm so happy spring is finally here. The sun peeking through the curtains and the birds singing gives me happiness. I will be happy again I've promised myself that. I try everyday to push my past away. Some days are harder than other but I will get over all of it. Just a little more time.

"Oh my gosh it smells amazing" Mia says putting plates on the table. "Wait till you taste it" I say knowing my cooking never fails.

We both eat two whole plates and lean back on the chairs. "I'm so full" I say holding my stomach. "How was your day" I ask. "You know making smoothies for the whole town isn't as easy without you" Mia says wanting me to go back to working at the store. I still try to figure out what I want with my life.

"Mia I think I want to finish school." I say. "Really are you ready to go back there?" she asks knowing I had a hard time making friends because of Ezra. "I've only missed a few months. Maybe I can get back in from where I left. I probably have to catch up a lot but I think I want this" I say. I want to graduate this year.

"Alright, you know I support you in everything so go for it" she says smiling.

***

I've spent one hour talking on the phone with the principal to get me back in school. He said he could get me in if I promised to catch up with everything I've missed. I have faith in myself and know I can do this so I agreed. And besides I have nothing else to do other than training and help my brother once in a while. This will get me on other thoughts. I will have no time to think about him.

"I'm in Mia!" I run up to her and celebrate. "Omg I'm so happy" she says hugging me. She too will graduate this year but we go different schools. It's fine tho I will hopefully find someone to be friends with.

***

It's Monday morning and I get ready to go to school. I will be put into a new class since my last one hated me. Hope this one will be better. I put on low waisted jeans with an oversized white t-shirt. It's basic but good for a first day. I let my hair down. I grab my bag and leave the house.

Alex drives me to school. "Hey be careful today, if someone is mean you call me" he says making sure I know he is there for me. "I can handle the mean ones" I say smiling. "Oh I know you can I will just come to watch you beat them up" he says making me laugh. "Omg class starts in 5 minutes" I say getting out of the car and running to my classroom. Running down the hall I bump into a man.